“Great Breaky”

The Buffet At River Rock
Reserve with OpenTable
The Buffet At River Rock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 997 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bridgeport
Description: The Buffet at River Rock features a large variety of all your favorite dishes, and many to surprise and delight you. Over the years, it has become a popular destination to enjoy a special occasion with friends and family, and for resort guests it's a proven crowd-pleaser. With 260 seats, the Buffet can be bustling on a weekend evening, or Sunday, so come early to avoid the lines. Enjoy endless options, from pasta and Chef choice of roast carvings, seafood dishes, sushi, salads and more. Our dishes are inspired by the best of West Coast cuisine, with a focus on fresh, locally sourced ingredients. And don't forget to leave room to enjoy one of our specially hand-crafted desserts, including pies, tarts, cakes, and mousse. Located above the casino floor, the Buffet treats guests to sensational views of the Fraser River. The Buffet is open seven days a week for breakfast and dinner, lunch Monday to Saturday and Sunday Brunch and Dinner. One private function room are available for special events*. *Please inquire early for availability
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Huge selection of breakfast items...fresh fruits..omelets...waffles...etc...Staff very attentive and friendly...worth a visit

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

How disappointing "The Buffet" was for all. I was excited to have a variety of food at my will so I started with the roast beef and mashed potatoes and that's where it all went wrong. The roast beef was prepared medium rare, plenty of pink....just too pink for me and lots of red than ran into my mash potatoes that were obviously prepared to maximize volume and quantity. Runny, mushy and a look that resembled grits should have been the first clue, but I went against my better judgement, what a mistake. Their mistake was not to put a veggie of some sort to accompany the roast beef, I guess they thought mini perogies was it, not! My first dish went 95% untouched, my second round was to try the Chinese food, well at least thats what I thought it was. Dripping in grease, and tasting nothing like dumplings, tempura veggie and rice that already was prepared half white rice and half fried rice was just plain awful and just as bad, the kakiage chicken - another dish pretty well untouched. The place was busy so I guess it may have been just me, but if you expect quality even at a buffet, pass on this one. The adult price of $29.95 is just not worth it, spend your hard earned money at the Curve, you'll thank me!

2  Thank Gail N
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Since my last visit last year Oct 2017 ,it is so disappointed I do not want to come back ,but it is
our family dinner get together once a month , also girl friend #3 in town for Easter ! so they all like to go back to the Richmond Buffet for dinner ,the ambiance ,atmosphere ,is all way great , price range is moderate ,only the foods and services I have a problem with! wow ! what a difference this time , I will tell it like it is , first ,the staff is very friendly , and very fast to come up to our tablet make sure we are happy with the tablet , ( 7 of us ) and offer tea or coffee ,excellent service ,all the food stations is very clean and full set up , the roast beef is very juices not dry ,to night the theme buffet is Japanese ,all the hot items is nice and hot ,the pan fried U - don noodle is little too soft ,the French Onion Soup need improvement (French Onion Soup in Theme Japanese Buffet ???? ),over all ,it a lot better ,well done Management ! what a great Improvement ,special the dinning room staff ,no more young kids with chewing gum in their mouth ! I truly will tell all my friends the improvement of the services ! well Done ! come and try it out ! lot of variety foods for every one ! from 1 years old to 100 years old !

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This is a busy lunch and dinner buffet in the River Rock Casino. Tucked upstairs in the North East corner with views of the Fraser River, planes coming and going and busy bridges to distract diners. The cold salad bar has grown in recent months to include prawns, and small cubed meats and cheeses. Variety of lettuces, dressings and vegetable toppings round out the salad bar. The hot food boasts two soups, an Asian section and carvery section. The carvery is usually beef or ham, but there are seafood dishes, pasta, french fries, mashed potatoes and plenty of bread to satisfy any hunger. Although it is not like the cruise ships with mass variety, there is something for everyone here. Food is hot and fresh. Peak times on weekends expect a line up to enter. Lots of seating and staff are friendly and attentive for water, coffee etc. We go for work lunches about once a month. Love the specialty seasonal offerings, but miss the summer lunch barbecues they used to include. The desserts are all small offerings allowing for choices of many different ones to finish your meal.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Lots of food but the taste is average. No ambiance in the seating area. Price is reasonable. Service is average, they left us to pile our plates.