Fairmont Vancouver Airport(Richmond)
US$195
US$179
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsnorth towerthe club loungeolympic ovalrichmond mallstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolbusiness triphousekeeping stafffitness centerhot tubcomfortable roomvancouver airportmini fridgeking bedone night stayfree shuttleshuttle service
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and me stayed one night in this Sheraton hotel located at Vancouver airport. The hotel was clean and it has a restaurant with a theme about one old man, I asked who was him and it was told me that he is one of their regular customer, for more than 20 years. The restaurant is decorated with many fake pictures of this funny guy together with MM, Newman, Elvis, etc, it was kind of bizarre. My husband is a Gold member of this hotel chain for many years already, and what was disappointing to us is that I, by mistake, did drink a bottle of water for which they charged us 4.50 dollars. We understand this is how they overpriced this product in the hotel room, however, my confusion was due that they only offered 1 complimentary small bottle of water when we arrived, when it should have been 2 bottles for 2 guests, of course. Because I drink lot of water, especially at night, my husband asked for another bottle (the second one) which I thought it was the non-complementary bottle in the room, so I did drink 2 bottles altogether. My husband asked as a courtesy and gesture of good-will to have this 3rd bottle (real value 50 cents) removed from our bill, but the clerk was very unyielding. Our concern is that 1 small bottle of water should not make that a Gold member leaves the place with a disgusting feeling. The clerk at the desk, tagged as Yvonne, was very tough in claiming that it was our fault to drink this bottle although we explained it was because of my confusion.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank NewlyTina
Reviewed 6 September 2015

This hotel is in the suburbs but it is one of the most convenient locations in Richmond if you still want access to the rest of Vancouver. It is 3 blocks from the Canada-line train at Lansdowne Station, which provides 23 minutes or less direct access to YVR airport, Yaletown, Ferries, Floatplanes and all the waterfront restaurants, downtown shopping and Vancouver City experiences. If you purchase a ticket saver package you are only a $3.15 per train ride away from everything Vancouver has to offer (much better than a $30 taxi ride). Also, you are 2 blocks from Richmond Shopping Mall and you have some of the best chinese restaurants in all of British Columbia just blocks away, example: Shanghai River Restaurant "Amazing". Hotel staff was great and very informative the experience is more small town pleasant, nice change from downtown.

Room Tip: Club Level rooms were the best
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Clean and quiet. Easy Walking distance of several good restaurants. Very nice, Staff polite. Pool clean, warm enough to swim. Hot tub divine. Shuttle to airport. Gift shop staff friendly and sweet. Close to airport

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2015

I was staying here for work meetings (located on site). I was impressed that when I checked in early (9:30am) I was able to get my room rather than having to check my bag. The location is great that it is close the airport and walking distance to the sky train and a mall.

The pool area is nice and it's great to have a full service Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2015

It all started with the complimentary airport shuttle. The driver was exceptionally pleasant and looking to help play the role of concierge. Then the late night greeting from an enthusiastic front desk representative. She made us feel so welcome and moved us quickly through the check in process so that we could just make the restaurant before the kitchen closed. The response from the server there was utterly unlike that usually afforded to the last arriving customers for the evening. And the meal was even better than we could have predicted. By the time we actually got to our clean, spacious, well appointed room - we were fans for life!
This is a full service hotel that was renovated not so long ago. It shares a common outside area with a Marriott next door. We did not have time to take advantage of the pool or fitness center, but did receive suggestions about walking the Richmond neighborhood. There is a really nice park across the street.
The bed was comfortable, the bathroom also large and it was a quiet night's sleep. There is a fridge in the room. The front desk staff was terrific the next day as well and our brief stay there set the tone for a very nice Vancouver vacation.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple