“Beat sushi in Richmond ”

Koto Izakaya Sushi & Robata
Ranked #325 of 947 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Great service, food is by far the best quality for an all can watch menu nothing over $9.99 on the all you can eat menu.. And it does get extremely busy so go right @ 9pm!

1  Thank thecrazydoglady

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Very surprising find in Richmond! If you're flying into YVR late in the day, head straight to this cozy izakaya place. They are open till 12:30am on weekends. Wide selection of authentic Japanese dishes from artichoke bacon to sukiyaki to grilled squid and all kinds of sashimi at very reasonable prices. On a recent Friday night visit the wait was 30mins. There are a few tables and 2 tatami settings hidden in the back.

I particularly enjoyed my sukiyaki and shrimp tempura. Agedashi tofu was so-so but at $4.95 was quite a deal!?

Service is awful; we didn't feel like the servers (especially an older female Asian server) were happy to help or eager to welcome guests. We felt rushed but oh well...

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Do not go to this restaurant if you want to have a good time, this is by far the worst service i have received in my entire life, . Strongly recommend to avoid this place at all cost. the old waitress just give you that attitude she does not want you there at all, you can feel that when you first go inside the restaurant, no one will seat you, you will stand at the door for at least 5 minutes for anyone to even look at you, and when you order food, only the old women will take orders, and again, she gives you a bad attitude for no reason. I felt terrified to even make orders. I felt like the people works there just simply do not want you to go to their restaurants. it feels like you are begging for food and begging for money when in fact you are paying.

I also strongly think that other good reviews of this restaurants are paid to write, all of my friends who visited this place absolutely hated it. i cannot believe anyone would like this restaurants enough to write good review if not paid

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Every time I'm in Richmond I make a point of visiting this little gem. It's only a block from my hotel & first discovered by accident. Was made to feel so welcome by owner who laughed & joked with me & gave great service. Menu is extensive & very reasonably priced. The late night menu is the cheapest I've ever seen in my travels across North America. It's surrounded by 50 other places to eat of various forms from McDonalds to Thai & a lot of Korean BBQ.
Parking is limited, it only seats about 36 with very small booths & twin tables. You can order beer, no wine to speak of, tea in big pot on your table always hot. Draw back if any is its size & hours. I've been many times & doors were closed on days you would think they would be open. Watch for twin sister of owner, she not so happy person.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

I enjoy the food and the service is fair. I haven't tried a lot on their menu as I tend to stick with what I know is good. I usually go with family which is always fun and we will share a bite here and there. i like the atmosphere.