“Excellent”

Toku Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #211 of 991 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here several times since the new owners have taken over, 9 months ago and each time we have enjoyed our experience here very much. The sushi, sashimi and hot food is delicious. The dessert, strawberry with mochi is yummy. We like the modern decor and very roomy. A must try.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have been reading some of the other reviews and I can't see how this restaurant could have any bad reviews. We had an outstanding meal at this restaurant. I am Japanese and have travelled the world with my husband eating a Japanese food. I make sushi and Japanese food for my family, and the food here is excellent. My husband had a steak and it came with rice, miso soup and salad for $20.00. It was delicious. We also tried the Spicy Tuna Roll and the Kerrisdale Roll. They were both good also. We tried for dessert the Strawberry Mochi and it was so yummy. The service here was great. They have a call button at each table so if you need the waitress, they come right away. The decor is lovely and spacious and they have a great children's area. What more could you ask for.
I highly recommend Toku and I live in Ladner and I am willing to drive here weekly just for the food. There is nothing comparable in Delta, I can find. Please try it and see for yourself.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Quite expensive , taste is OK , but not the original authentic Japanese taste. That's why can hardly see Japanese customers there . I remember this restaurant used to be run by Japanese masters , but sold to Chinese boss . then , the level is down now.

1  Thank toyokawamusashi
Reviewed 20 January 2017

I was pleasantly surprised by their children play area (Lego, colouring books), within sightline yet far enough for them to play while the adults eat. They also had children utensils available. It was by far one of my most enjoyable meals during my trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

We came here for lunch. Ordered some lunch combos as well as some rolls. Starters came out initially very quickly but I got my main course about 10 min before my guest got hers. Room was not busy but hard to wave down staff.
Overall food was very tasty. Teriyaki chicken came with a great salad with peanut sauce. Rolls were good. Tempura was not great though. Greasy. Otherwise great meal.