“My Second Review (though it breaks my own principle)!”
Review of Amigo

Amigo
Ranked #285 of 959 Restaurants in Richmond
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 14 April 2013

It is not my usual practice to write a second review on any restaurant but this time is definitely an exception. Just finished dinner with my family; the result of which has drive me to break my principle. All 4 of us have different selections and all of us gave our thumb up at a price of just $80. Lamb rack, pork chop and New York steak are cooked tastefully to our satisfaction. I have ordered their Baked Spanish Seafood Rice ($16.50) that is even perfectly done. Restuarant is full as usual but all customers are willing to wait. As mentioned before, if you don't mind to pay $1 - $2 more for good food from a Hong Kong style cafe restaurant, this is the one in Alexandria Road, the Eat St. in Richmond. You better call to make reservation for dinner to avoid waiting. Parking lots are big but always fully parked because there are at least 4 good resturants in that mall.

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Came here at night after 9pm great menu with authentic hk style milk tea with meal. Had some hk cafe dishes that I was craving and food was good! Worth the price and a visit!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The restaurant has been there for some time with many loyal customers. Food quality is always good without any odd surprises. Good value for money for afternoon menu between 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Very often, full house is expected. Outside car park may be full because of other popular restaurant in the mall.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

La Amigo was introduced to me years ago by my relative. I've been going back often ever since 2004. It has a really great set menu for lunchtime. It has western food cooked hong kong style. Lunch menu sets include vegetable or cream soup (warm piece of soft garlic bread included) an entrée with rice or spaghetti and and drink for around $10. For the price it's the best place for steak. I love it. The service is usually quick but I remember one of the older staff complaining about the tipping which ruined this place for being my favourite restaurant in greater Vancouver.

2  Thank drifting_nomad
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Even with the economy so weak, there are still a few restaurants that serve poor food and present the worst customer services! This restaurant is one of these restaurants.

Food: The food is O.K. At a price above most Chinese cafes, the selections of food and the prices do not match. You can go to other Chinese styled resturants that serve better foods with better prices. The dishes are quite small, especially the AAA steak that I ordered. It was burnt on the outside, and it was hard solid like a rock.

Services: Terrible! The worst in 10 years! All the waitresses were frowning at us (my mother and friends were with me). I asked a waitress (long pony tail with glasses) a few questions and she started to shout back at me. She looked really impatient so I just ordered the "Lunch Specials" which were about $9.99, while other restaurants that include a cold glass of drink free of charge only charge about $7 to $8. A waitress should never shout back at her customers. It's totally unacceptable! If you don't like being a waitress, you should leave the business!

Value: With services like this and foods overpriced, I can't really give them a high score but I wouldn't give them the lowest score because the food was O.K.

Ambiance: The restaurant is small and cramped! It's very dark inside, even when the sun was shining so brightly outside. It's not a high class restaurant anyways so I don't even know why it is so dark. Quit acting like a high class restaurant!

Overall: I didn't enjoy eating at this restaurant and I will NEVER go back for a 2nd time, even if my friends pay for me. I will make sure that I let other people know that this resturant is not worth going. Food overpriced! And the service... It's the worst I have seen in 10 years! I'm surprised the restaurant still exists.