“Best sushi in town!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Steveston
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Our favourite Japanese restaurant in Richmond. The freshest and most authentic Japanese food around. Terrific services. A little pricier than most, but well worth it!
Remember to make a reservation - this place is popular!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I know that this review is on other outlets, but I want to make sure that this story gets to as many people as possible, please spread the word.

Let me start this review by saying that Ichiro has very delicious food and great wait staff. For this reason I give them two stars instead of one, but my visit today left me in an incredibly foul mood.

The reason for this is a bit of story. The restaurant was mostly full, and I was sat at the sushi bar as the result. I ordered the Chirashi don which comes with noodles, and when I received my order I decided to eat the noodles first.

After seeing this, one of the sushi chefs turned to the other and started insulting me for eating the noodles first. They began joking at my expense and one of them even went so far as to call me 馬鹿野郎 (moron, idiot)!

As I have a foreign appearance they must have assumed that I couldn't speak Japanese.

That wasn't the end of it either. They then started speaking badly of all the Chinese customers in the restaurant. Criticizing them and their mannerisms.

Behaviour like this truly disgusts me. People have their opinions, but just because you assume that your customers don't speak the language isn't an excuse to drop professionalism and say whatever you want.

As much as I like the restaurant, I will not be returning. If you must eat there, stay out of the sight of the sushi chefs.

16  Thank Winton S
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Delicious food delivered with great variety in a wide-ranging menu. Traditional, authentic taste with attentive, courteous service. Prices fit the quality of experience. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Ichiros is a traditional style Japanese restaurant. Make a reservation because they will ask you right when you walk in. They have solid all around food and service.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Ichiro is by far the Japanese restaurant I've enjoyed the most in B.C!! There are tons of choices for sushi and dinner lunch combo. Very good Japanese tea served in a large tea cup that is easy to hold with your hand. The sashimi boat set is excellent that you tasty a little bit of everything, including dessert.