“Worst poutine you will ever eat.”
Review of Altitudes Bistro

Altitudes Bistro
Ranked #71 of 425 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My girlfriend and I decided to eat at this restaurant after 5 hours of ski. What a bad idea ... I just turned 24 the day before but I lost my wallet with my ID which mean that I did not have any ID on me. I wanted to try one of their cocktails but the waitress told me that they would not serve me alcohol even though I had many proofs with me that I just turned 24 the day before. Anyway, we ordered the chicken wings (they were good) and the poutine because we are from Montreal, so why not try ?
That is honestly the worst food I have eaten in my entire life. It was so disgusting and tasted like burned plastic. The pork was not even pulled.

I don't recommend it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We were there on a snowy wednesday in mid- March although it was Spring break for some students. We were seated and our orders were taken promptly. Drinks for 3 of the 4 in the party came promptly, the fourth order did not come even after we had asked 3 times. By which time it had been 20 minutes since food was ordered. Food once it came as ok. Id give it 3/3.5 stars. The next challenge was to get the bill as our original server seemed to have given up on us. We ultimately went to the front to pay, at which point the server reappeared and seemed surprised that she did not receive a tip, her explanation being that the restaurant was "crazy busy". Even at peak time when we were there - 1230 to 1 - it was never more than half full. Disappointing, especially as we were scouting this as a wedding reception location.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We spent a great afternoon snowshoeing our way around Grouse Mountain and were good and hungry afterwards. We heard this restaurant had a very good reputation, unfortunately the only thing we really enjoyed was the view. The food was average at best and the service quite slow. We possibly arrived at a bad time or a shift change but it was enough for us to decide not to bother on the next visit.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We came here after doing the Grouse Grind. As such, we were starving. Due to poor weather conditions, the view wasn't as nice as expected. However, we enjoyed our food--especially the burger that I had. It can get busy, so get there as soon as you can and put your name in if you expect to get hungry while at the top of the mountain.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Might be a little bit crowded but its a great place to hang out if you want to get out of the cold while in the mountain and avoid everyone coming and going into the main building. It is cozy and has windows all around, with views of the city which I bet area fantastic but I was not able to enjoy them as it was foggy the whole time. Lunch was more or less what you can find someplace else nothing to remember the place by. Service was pretty good as well as the drinks.