“Chinese food recommendations ”
Review of Grand Palace

Grand Palace
Ranked #119 of 327 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I found this restaurant on a Trip adviser and immediately noticed that this is a real restaurant. Food was good (i am not Chinese expert) but taste of 3 dishes was very delicious. Spring rolls, chow main beef and crabs supeeerrr

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We got friend fm Hong kong n would like to have a chat in the mode of HK . Food and atomsphere is the same.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I was in the mood for congee, my husband wanted Dim Sum, so we reserved a table at the Grand Palace. This was our first time at this restaurant. It will not be the last. Congee was very good, the Dim Sum was also very good. What we liked was the atmosphere: it is elegant, clean, full of happy families eating this excellent Chinese cuisine. The location, within a mall of Chinese stores, leaves one with a sense of being in Asia. Lovely.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Better than Average Food in a clean setting. Nice ambience and quick service.
We ordered a variety of dim sum and one beef Cantonese noodle dish. The noodles were crisp and tasty.
Shrimp dumplings and rice rolls were flavourful with good size portion shrimps.
The steamed pork ribs were ok. After nibbling on a few ribs, it felt like there was MSG as my body reacts quickly when MSG is consumed.
The XO sauce was the best surprise. It was my first time trying the sauce and I will crave the unique flavours in the future. It's a bit spicy w a seafood scallop flavour. Delicious in noodles, vegetables and most other dishes too.
This is a favourite restaurant and we will return again.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Dim Sum was ok but service was terrible. I understand it was a busy day but when a customer has to wait around for their food and then being told that you have 5 minutes to eat after giving you the last dish is disgusting. Never going back.