“Nice for a snack!”

Cafe Green Tea
Ranked #5 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Markham
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Been to J-Town more than a few times. The small Japanese place is interesting but for the most part, we went for the food and dessert shopping.
Cafe Green Tea is...A-OK. Nothing fantastic. The portions are as expected...Japanese Portion! Being of a more robust size, meals are are snack-sized for me.
we ordered the Tonkatsu with Curry and the Tempura with Udon. The Tonkatsu had luke-warmish curry and the Udon broth was not all that tasty.
Oh well. At least the bakery for dessert was great!

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

I never miss a opportunity to have the breaded pork curry. I think it's the best. The shrimp in the udon are so tasty but get it on the side, otherwise it's put in the udon an it goes soggy. But either way it's still very good. I haven't tried the other things on the menu cause I can't get past the curry or udon.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

This 'cafe' is a non-descript portion of a Japanese food market. It is next to the supermarket, accessed through the small market. The J Town market also has a bakery, a fish market and a few small restaurant/cafes.
Décor: It is really a plain, cafeteria style. No expensive décor or matching chairs.
Food: It is really about cheap, decent Japanese comfort food. Udon is good. Japanese curry is popular.
Service: Order at the counter off the menus pasted to the wall. They will give you a wood block with a number on it while you wait, and then they will bring the food to your table. Seating is first come first serve.
Overall: We will sit to eat here from time to time when we are shopping. The food is good and it is cost effective. The rating is based on value for money, not décor or service.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

I'm here again with my family for dinner. We have been here a few times and the food is always very good. Tonight we all had curry rice, my was with breaded chicken and my husband had the breaded pork. My husband did find it a bit spicy but I personally thought it was perfect. We also had the Gyoza (dumpling) which is my favorite and it is a must try dish!

Reviewed 23 July 2011

This is one of the many shops within the Japanese-Town community. I believe it is the largest Japanese shopping mall in Markham.

It is like a one stop shopping experience for Japanese items. This J-Town community includes a bakery, butcher, fish market, a grocery and more.

This area is one of our popular lunch hangouts. The quantity of food is usually lesser in comparison to other Asian places; however, the food quality tastes great!

The Japanese curry here is really good, try the cutlets with curry and rice. Soba noodles are good here too but it's not that big of a serving.

1  Thank 155019Foodlover