“Wine tasting”
Review of Nk'Mip Cellars

Nk'Mip Cellars
Ranked #5 of 50 things to do in Osoyoos
More attraction details
Owner description: At Nk’Mip Cellars, we are the dedicated guardians of a proud legacy. As the first Indigenous-owned winery in North America, we are inspired to express our culture in everything we do. Our Winery itself is a bold celebration and strong reflection of our commitment to authenticity and deep respect for our colourful past. We extend an invitation to discover, not only the international award-wining wines we produce, but also the relentless spirit and remarkable history that inspire them.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Beautiful place it is of native decor, grounds are beautiful. Places to stay on site. We tried wine tasting for the first time it was fun and very enjoyable. I really liked a white wine called dream catcher, and purchased a bottle to take home. Very clean, bright, friendly place.

Thank Pauline. M
in 13 reviews
"icewine"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 26 September 2017

6 years ago, we made the visit/tour of the winery and we really enjoyed it. In that time we bought their icewine and their Meritage. We even made a few orders and they shipped it to our house . Great service. This year, we decided to return to taste those 2 wines. The QwAM QwMT Tasting Gallery must be new since our last visit ( I maybe wrong but I don't remember it )- fees are $10 for their premium wine or $5 to taste 5 wines or $3 for the icewine... both are refundable when you purchase bottle. We tasted and bought the Mer’r’iym and the Icewine. Unfortunately, it seems that our meritage that we used to buy is no longer produced. Oh well, we discovered new one... The gift shop is very nice, of course wine but also lots of aboriginal arts and Okanagan foods.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We booked the tour for 2 pm yesterday for four of us and had the best time ever, cheryle is very informative and was attentive to all our needs, we got to tour the cellars and had a great time.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

It's not too often I write a negative review because I can see potential in most things and I am pretty easy to please but this Winery is brutal. I don't expect anything but good service, not over the top just people doing their job with a smile and being pleasant. This is the fourth time I have stayed at the resort and every time I go here the tasting room service is horrible. We new going in that it was but I thought that we would give it another chance so we stood at the counter (ignored) finally got attention to be told to wait. We were going to pay for the tasting in the private room. We waited and waited trying to get someones attention only to be ignored. We finally went to the check out and politely stated that we still hadn't been help only to be treated like we were in the way. So all this to say we explained our situation and it was ignored. Will never step foot in this winery again and that is very unfortunate because we like the resort. Resort grounds are great but the winery is not. Very sorry to give a negative but Fourth time and I'm done.

GreatEstates, Manager at Nk'Mip Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your honest and constructive feedback. At Nk'Mip Cellars, it is our goal to deliver exceptional experiences to all guests, and I am very sorry that we have not done so on your visits. We take your comments seriously, and will make adjustments to provide better service in the future. I sincerely hope that you do visit us again. If there is anything I can do in the meantime, please do contact me directly: 250-495-2985 or cassandra.capone@nkmipcellars.com.

Best regards,