“Delicious Food, casual setting”
Review of Pho Tau Bay

Pho Tau Bay
Ranked #141 of 303 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Douglas
Neighbourhood: Douglas
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food here is delicious! We've been coming here for years and have seen the evolution of the premise over the years. It has changed (for the better) but the food hasn't. Always hot and freshly prepared. I love the selection of condiments that you can use to build a fire in your bowl! You can make it as spicy as you can stand. Usually I have the assorted pork with vermicelli noodles but tried a won ton soup today. NOT a disappointment and I can see that this will be the new favorite place when I'm craving won tons!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review with regret, since it is one of my favourite pho restaurants for over 10 years. During a recent visit I was so turned off by the lack of cleanliness and will likely never return. As we walked in there was a staff member mopping the floor, and using his bare hands to pick up dirty bits including pieces of the dirty mop. As we walked in, he greeted us and then WITHOUT WASHING HIS DIRTY HANDS, he brought us menus, water and tea. I saw this all and was so grossed out. Then he took our order, and brought us the standard pho veggie tray, again WITHOUT WASHING HIS DIRTY HANDS. When I went to the bathroom with or young son, there was no soap in the bathroom and barely any in the ladies bathroom that we had to source out. The given the numerous unacceptable and unhygienic issues, I could not enjoy our meal and regret not just leaving upon our arrival to go somewhere else. Again, this makes me so sad since we have been going here for so long

1  Thank HenryJ88
Reviewed 26 July 2017

well I have been going here for the last 4 yrs like their soup, and lemon grass chicken, they know me pretty well as I eat there once a week at least, but the last few times I found hair n flies in my soup, and I am not making this up, so I called them the old lady always talks , who speaks very little English, told her about it , no sorry or I will give next soup on us or anything, so this last time today they didn't give the bean sprouts with the soup so I called she insist she put them in , and she says come and get it so I said no I am at work , I asked next time if she gives me a free soup, since I eat there once a week , she said no cant do that, really 1 soup and now you lost a customer a week who spends 25 to 30.00 a week there, so people look at your food before eating it , hair and flies honest experience, no lie.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My coworkers and myself visit here multiple times a month for pho, and have for years. Best pho in Langley, everywhere else tastes watered down by comparison. We only get a half hour for lunch and are always in and out with no problems. It's our absolute favorite place to go and is always a consensus. Servers all know us and new ones learn our orders quickly. Would recommend this place, actually I do regularly...

Reviewed 9 November 2016

When you enter you notice instantly that there was not much time spent on decor for this place but that is the beauty they do not need to show off due to the food being so mouth watering. As most pho restaurants are, this place is in older less desirable building to keep operating costs down and concentrate on quality food.

This one of several owned places by the same family and you will know why they all flourish no matter where they are located.

I don not venture outside the brisket and seafood soup with either a spring roll or deep fried wonton.

The soup has a very generous amount of beef with the usual green onions floating on top. I always get the noodles mixed up 50/50 egg noodle / rice noodle. The rice noodle has much more flavor but is a little overwhelming by itself.

The spring rolls are very good as well as the wonton and the place although a lttle run down is always kept spick and span clean by a very pleasent staff that brings your food quickly.

If you have never gotten the change to have a flavourful bowl of pho at this location they are also in surrey by the macs on 108 and 148 and is equally as pleasing.

Of all the pho in the lowermainland this is a the second best if not the best Vietnamese soup.