“Nice decor, average service...”
Review of S+L Kitchen & Bar

S+L Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
S+L Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 365 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Description: S+L Kitchen & Bar is brought to you by the Joseph Richard Group and offers a casual upscale environment focused on bringing unique locally inspired dishes to our guests. Featuring craft cocktails, craft beer and an expansive wine list, our menu is designed and inspired by Chef David Jorge (MasterChef Canada winner and JRG Corporate Chef) and the JRG Culinary team.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

First time to the S & L ....hadn't heard much about it beyond the pricey menu. Had a 3 egg omelette and it was far from being just that.... maybe a 1.5 egg omelette ! The service was mediocor. My friends had a steak, which they said was very good and hamburgers which were also good. Won't be back, sorry!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is by far one of the best meals we’ve had for a long time. We visited on a Wednesday evening and were pleasantly surprised at how busy it was, which is always a good sign of good food. My husband enjoyed a Wagyu steak and couldn’t believe how delicious, flavourful and perfectly cooked it was. My chicken dinner was also one of the best I’ve ever had. We like how all the meals come with veggies and potatoes instead of a la carte like other steak restaurants. Our server Danika was excellent, professional yet friendly, attentive without being overbearing. Oh, and be sure to leave room for the Chocolate Sphere dessert. I won’t spoil it by explaining it here - let’s just say it’s a definite “must have”.

1  Thank agchristie
WEAREJRG, Public Relations Manager at S+L Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Cheers!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your rating, for sharing your feedback, and for being our guest. We are happy to hear you are enjoying our offerings.

Best Regards,

Jessica - Communications

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Like the room. Wine list kind of shocked me. Wasn't expecting to see the quality of wines that they had. We shared some wings, they were meh, but no one cared. Mains were all good. My steak was cooked perfectly. Brussels were a touch over done but they all disappeared. Creamed corn lacked some creaminess and maybe salt. Staff were the best part. Gave it a 3 but was close to a 4. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I took my hubby to the S+L for his birthday dinner. I reserved a table, no problem. We arrived early enough that the restaurant wasn’t too busy.
Sports bar with ambience. Two thumbs up for the mood-setting video screens.
I felt the menu was a little limited, however my hubby really (and I mean REALLY!!) enjoyed his steak and brussel sprouts.
Service was friendly and efficient.
Would we go back? Indeed we will!!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I ordered the chicken which was way too peppery. The prices weren't great for what you got. The sauteed veggies I got were mostly onions. Being a foodie, this place did not impress...we couldn't have a conversation because the music was so loud. WOuldn't recommend and won't be returning.