“You'll never leave hungry!”

Paliotti's Italian Restaurants
Ranked #21 of 370 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Arranged a large take out order for my Moms birthday. Joe helped me figure out how much food I needed to feed everyone and I'm glad he did! If I had done it my way I would have ended up with twice as much pasta than I needed. As it was we had enough fir everyone to take home leftovers! Fettuccini Alfredo with loads of chicken was yummy but you better like garlic! Tortellini con Pollo ( subbed in the tortellini for the penne) - this was my favourite -had great flavour. Penne Calabrese had a mild spicy sausage added in -very nice. They carried my order out to someone else's car, but caught it at the last minute so diiner was saved.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation and showed up on time. We were seated 40 minutes later (for four people). And then restaurant was empty, apart from about 40 people waiting at the front. No one had yet to smile at us or acknowledge us as human beings. We ordered right away because we were starving. Then waited another 65 min for our food. I could tell it wasn't our servers fault, but this is unacceptable. We did not expect to be spending 2+ hours at a restaurant just to have mediocre pasta delivered. I will not be going to or recommending this restaurant to anyone I know.

PaliottisAbbotsford, Guest Relations Manager at Paliotti's Italian Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hello Courtney:
Thank you for your input, it's not what we like to read but we are working on the problem.
We apologize for the your unfortunate dining experience at our restaurant. We are undergoing a shortage of kitchen help and doing our best to maintain our standard of service. There are times that we are operating with minimal kitchen staff. Once again, our regrets and we do hope that you give us a second chance.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Took the whole family out for a special dinner and wanted to try a nicer spot out. Settled for this place cause the reviews were pretty good overall. Our server was not very knowledge-able as I asked a few questions and her answers were so poor that I asked her if she was new? Shocked me that she replied "no, I am not". The veal was good and all the pastas were good overall. If there was a good button I would choose it but there's only average and very good and very good is too generous except probably for the busser/water guy who was very good and brought us lots of bread. The bread was boring undercooked foccacio type and would be nice a little crispy but was complimentary nevertheless. Prices were not cheap. If the service was better and more enthusiastic I think the experience would've gotten a VERY GOOD from me and be justified. Will not be returning anytime soon.

Thank you for your input, we are always striving to provide excellent service to everyone at all times and this time we failed. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I went here in July with another couple, we had 2 hours to eat dinner before a concert. Paliotti's was recommended by a few other friends. This was our first time and the experience was not great from the start.
We started off by waiting nearly 20 minutes at the door as we were told they would not take reservations on the phone, yet there were a number of tables open and waiting to be cleaned. We were given an "early bid special menu" and then when we tried to order form it, we were told it was too late. The service was slow, and when the people two tables down received their food before us (after having been seated after us) we inquired as to what was taking so long. The server returned to tell us that "our order didn't go through to the kitchen"... This really gets me, because we all know this means that she didn't punch it in properly (or at all). Somehow I doubt that every other order "got through" ok but ours did not. By this point we didn't have enough time to find another place to eat, so we figured we would miss the first few minutes of our concert after our server assured us that it would be no more than ten minutes for our food. It definitely was more than ten minutes. When the food finally arrived, it was just OK. As I saw in other reviews, it's not authentic, made-from-scratch Italian food like I was hoping at this price point, but it wasn't terrible. There was a good variety, but I could make a lot of this stuff at home (it would have probably been faster). The server who barely apologized for the delay took 10% off our bill and sent us on her way, we missed the first hour of our show. I felt like it was something that maybe should have been acknowledged by a manager or something so I sent them an email a few days later. They didn't respond, so I sent another two weeks later, and they finally said they were too busy to get back to me because they were in the middle of their summer rush. I guess enough people give them 5 stars on these review sites, so they don't need to acknowledge mistakes or make an effort to treat customers like they matter.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

With their distinctly Italian decor, this popular restaurant has been our 'goto' for romantic dinners,family get togethers, and large business dinners. The menu is extensive and undeniably delicious. They offer gluten free options, and the early bird specials are unbeatable. We always look forward to our next visit.

Many thanks Nan A for a very kind review, we hope to see you back soon.