1,141 results
All reviewswine coolerelectric bbqthe kitchenbedroom suiteunderground parkinghot tubbeautiful resortpool area istop floorstainless steel appliancesfront desk staffwasher and dryerthree sistersdowntown canmoreliving areahome away from homeviews of the mountains
Reviewed 11 October 2017

For our 8 year anniversary we decided to take a trip out to Banff and do the hike at Johnston Canyon! There wasn't a lot of places to choose from in Banff, so we ended up booking a stay in Canmore with Solara Resort & Spa. However, we were recommended to stay at the Johnston Canyon resort but after reading reviews and comparing it to the Solara, there was no contest, especially for an anniversary weekend! I'm not saying I would NEVER try out the Johnston Canyon Resort, realistically it was way more convenient if we had decided to stay there but the drive to Johnston Canyon from the resort only took about 40 minutes on the highway. We stayed only one night between September 29 - September 30, 2017 and it was such a great stay, not just because of the resort itself, but also everything around us was vibrant in fall colours! It is hands down a picture perfect time to go if you are thinking of travelling during that time.

Upon arrival, check in was very quick! I had pre-booked our stay via bookings.com which was easy and affordable. I say this because I initially had booked our stay via airbnb and noticed that it was $40 less on bookings.com. AND immediately after making the reservation on bookings.com I ended up calling the resort to confirm my reservation... only to find that the bookings.com reservation was received and already in their system however, the airbnb booking was NO WHERE to be found, even though I made that reservation two weeks prior to the one on bookings.com... anyways, I ended up cancelling with airbnb for a full refund.

The staff upon arrival were courteous and super helpful. They advised you of how to navigate around the hotel with parking since it was such a large place. We also received a complimentary upgrade to a two bedroom suite. It was nice to have SO much space but it was just us two so it was kind of unnecessary. But nonetheless, having two bathroom spaces and such a large suite for just the two of us was a cool experience!

The two bedroom suite came with a fully equipped kitchen, a dining/living room area, washer and dryer, barbecue grill outiside on the balcony, and 2 spa inspired bathrooms! The entire space was very clean and tidy. Our room was in the AURORA part of the resort on the 2nd floor and we were able to see the peaks of the mountain tops. The first room, I'll call it the master, had a king sized bed with a larger TV, a fireplace and nice sized closet. The second room, which we never even used had a smaller TV, a fire place and a closet. Having the 2 bedroom suite gave us a pretty large balcony which was a really nice accommodation to have as well. The wifi in the room worked perfectly although we barely used our phones.

Checking out was just as easy as checking in, everything was prepaid with bookings.com so it was just a simple matter of returning the room key. I am highly likely going to make a return back to Solara for a family wedding in APRIL 2018 so I may have another review to advise everyone of what the rest of the amenities are like, as well as the surroundings, the spa, the pool, the theatre, etc. But for now, all I can say is that this resort was definitely well worth it for $285 for a one night stay!

Room Tip: I did not try for it, but upon next booking I will be looking at requesting a better view of the mountain and see what that gets me!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myra J
Andre G, Regional General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Myra,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your review, we appreciate you choosing Solara for your trip to Canmore. We especially appreciate your kind words regarding our team members, glad we were able to provide such a great experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon !

Reviewed 10 October 2017

On arriving at the resort we were greeted by efficient and obliging staff - who ran through everything we needed to know in order to take full advantage of our stay. We parked our car in the secure under ground car park and used the lift which took us straight to our accommodation. On entering the Condo we were immediately impressed by the quality and taste of the facilities - lamps were lit which added to the ambience. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and well equipped. The view of the three sisters mountain range stunning!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andre G, Regional General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Lizocr,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for staying with us, we very much appreciate it. So glad we were able to provide you with such a great experience.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Over our 10-day visit to Banff and Jasper, the Solara was by far our favorite lodging (and we stayed in four different locations). Although I was not expecting a condo rental unit when I booked our room, it was a very pleasant surprise to have this much space. My wife and I actually felt a little guilty that the two of us had such a spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom unit and wished we had invited someone else along to enjoy this fabulous space!

We stayed here for four nights and could have stayed for several more! This definitely felt like our "home away from home" and we especially enjoyed the roominess of the unit, full kitchen, as well as the large soaking tub and the in-unit washer/dryer!

Although they told us about the onsite movie theatre, we were always too tired after days of hiking to check it out. We finally did on our last night and regretted that we hadn't made it a priority as it's like a regular auditorium-style theatre with tiered seating. There's an early "family-friendly" movie and a later one for adults. They also advertise popcorn and snacks, but we didn't see where these were sold.

We also enjoyed the quietness of Canmore as opposed to the hectic pace of Banff. Although not within walking distance of Canmore's attractions, it's a short 5-10 minute drive.

Room Tip: It's worth upgrading to the higher-floor rooms for a better view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jklassic,

We re glad you included us in your trip through the Rockies, and even more pleased to have provided you with a home away from home. I m glad you were able to enjoy the movie theater, always a hit, nice way to unwind at the end of the day. The snacks and popcorn are available through front desk, we ll take a look at our communication and posting of that, maybe we could be a little more clear, appreciate that feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, we ll see you again next time

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Full disclosure: the room we stayed in (2 bedroom condo-style) with tax included cost us $417 PER NIGHT. So this was an expensive two night stay.
Check-in was quick, although we had requested a high floor well over 1 month in advance we were given a room on the 2nd floor.
Walked into our room (211), immediately the odour of the previous occupant's cooking was pungent and extremely over-powering. We dropped our bags at the door at opened the patio door wide-open. It was very unpleasant.
Went to have a glass of wine with my husband, all 10 wine glasses were filthy. Finger prints, lipstick marks and one still had some pulp in it. Freaking gross. So we put all the glasses into the dishwasher and left for dinner. Got back home to clean wine glasses, poured ourselves some red and I nearly broke my neck slipping on water that was all over the ground. Guess what? Broken dishwasher. Awesome. Called the front the desk and someone came up to repair it, took close to 45 min. Not the repair guy's fault-- but its a bit awkward trying to relax with a stranger in your kitchen.
In the morning went to make breakfast--- MORE DIRTY DISHES!!!!! The pan had grease in it, a couple of the plates were out-right filthy. How at all is this acceptable? It's just disgusting.
Went to leave the room shortly after 10 am--- missed the cleaning service, not too big of a deal since we are significantly neater than the previous occupants... but I did want some more coffee. Talked to the cleaning guy to ask just for some more coffee... only decaff available. No regular. Come on.

To sum up:
Over $800 for our stay
Room smelled gross when we arrived
Filthy Dishes
Broken Dishwasher
No regular coffee available

Take your money to the CLIQUE resorts next door. Much better experience than with Bellstar Solara Resort.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin S

Dear Erin,

Thank you for the opportunity to have you had you as our guest. I m very sorry to see you did not have a positive experience with your stay, not our standards, nor your expectations.

Please contact me at your convenience
canmore.rgm@bellstar.ca

Respectfully

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed in October for a work meeting. I had a 2 bedroom suite in the Aurora building. Wow - lots of space, wish I had my whole family with me. My room included 2 full bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, full dining table, living area and full kitchen. The decor is very up to date. Our lunches and breakfast were quite good - nothing to rave about, but pretty good. Wish I had more time to explore the property. Definitely would recommend to others planning a trip to Canmore.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Riley,

Thank you for your review, glad you enjoyed your time with us, always great to be in the mountains, even if it is for work. So glad you enjoyed your suite to return to after a work day.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Canmore , for an adventure