“Delicious beef with Yorkshire pudding!”
Review of The Georgetown Pub

The Georgetown Pub
Ranked #22 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We were offered a free night's stay at the Georgetown. Our suite had a jacuzzi tub, separate bathroom, a bedroom with a king sized bed, and a fireplace in the sitting room, plus a little kitchenette. The hallway was full of movie posters, plot synopses and actors of movies made in Alberta. We had our dog with us, she was tied up on the landing on the back stairs while we ate this delicious plate of great beef and Yorkshire pudding at the Miner's Lamp Pub. it was a bit salty. I'd go back anytime to have another helping. Lovely little inn, full of interesting things to look at, very British. The breakfast the next morning was also really good. We had the Enlish Breakfast, filling and yummy.

Waymarker, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Thank you for your kind words about the Georgetown! We are always so happy to see when guests enjoy our little corner of Canmore!
Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2016

First off, the service was slow as molasses in January. Sure, it was a busy holiday season but they should've staffed up for it. It took us 15 minutes to get our beers and almost an hour to get food. According to their advertising, they have the best halibut fish and chips in town. What a joke. Our fish seemed like it had freezer burn - very dry and tasteless. The fries were luke warm and floppy. Not crisp and firm and they didn't seem to have any malt vinegar to go with them. We would have ordered another beer to wash it down but she never came back to take another drink order.

The pub itself smelt very smokey - the fireplace likely isn't drawing very well, the floors were dirty and the furniture dated. They have all these dusty climbing nick knacks on the walls - somebody should dust them so the dust doesn't land in the food!

There are better pubs in Canmore.

5  Thank Brian A
Waymarker, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

We are very sorry that our fish and chips were not our usual standard. Unfortunately we had one of our deep fryers break down and was not able to repair or replace it as most of the commercial kitchen stores close over the Christmas holidays. We take great pride in our food and our service so I am very sorry that the food and service was slow due demand and equipment failure.

I have passed on your housekeeping comments to restaurant manager to dust our antiques. We are an old inn so the furnishings are part of the decore. I am the general manager and my name is Barbara Scott. Please email me so I can talk to you personally and apologize. My email is barb.scott@waymarker.ca

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stayed overnight at the Georgetown Inn a year ago and really enjoyed the breakfast in the Pub/Restaurant. We were driving through Canmore last week and decided to stop for dinner and remembered this place. We were not disappointed! My husband ordered the stuffed yorkshire pudding and enjoyed every bite! I had the fish and chips and also enjoyed them. The service was great!

Waymarker, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review, we always enjoy hearing from our return customers!
We will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

This is a place I like to go if I have a craving for a really, really good burger and a beer (if I'm not driving). I feel it's best to go there with a few friends - the place is very social and just perfect to hang out for a little while with your buddies.

1  Thank BergenRoland

We are so happy to see you enjoy our burger, we're pretty proud of it, in fact we were even in the 'Bow Valley Taste off for Best Burger' contest last year!
Hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Very poor service, not accommodating to children and no tvs to watch sports. Gave away our table and would not allow our group to split up.

6  Thank castlecanmore
Waymarker, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Thank you for your review as we appreciate all comments. We love kids at the Georgetown. I am sorry if you felt we did not treat our little guests well. I would like to know more from you as to where our servers or services did not welcome them. The TV is a choice for us at the Georgetown and our regulars have thanked us for not having TV’s. I know it is unusual for a pub now a days not to have a TV but we are trying to stay true to our English pub roots. Please email me at barb.scott@waymarker.ca so I can discuss your experience as we want do our best to care for all our guests.