“Do not miss this experience!”

Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue
Ranked #11 of 134 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$14 - US$37
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Feel transported as ancient Brazilian traditions come alive in our churrascaria - our house of barbecue - and special place that bursts with authentic South American atmosphere. Enjoy the rich sights and sounds that echo our unique history and dedication to superior taste, while traditionally dressed servers offer an incredible selection of perfectly roasted meats to choose from. Celebrate any occasion in these perfect settings, located in Calgary and Canmore, AB.
Reviewed 24 January 2018

The staff greeting is genuine and friendly here. Beverage orders are quickly filled and the unique aspect of this style of dining is explained. The salad/appetizer bar is extensive but don't fill up too much because the best is yet to come. Skewers of many different meats, BBQ'd with a variety of spices are brought to your table by servers who then carve pieces to your liking. Various cuts of beef, chicken, pork and shrimp are interspersed with BBQ'd pineapple to cleanse the palate. Our plates were never empty for long as a steady stream of new meats came to the table. Have dessert if you have room, the banana is a fantastic finish.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This place was pretty good. We just happened to see it while walking around Canmore. I wish we had planned to go so we could have saved our appetite. The salad and side bar was one of the best I've seen and it was hard not to fill up that alone. They brought out so many different types of meat I lost track and it was all happening so fast. We didn't discover the "break" card until almost the end of the meal or we would have slowed things down and enjoyed it a bit more. Most of the meat was really good, the only one that was over cooked was the lamb. It was like chewing leather. The rest was done rare which we liked but we found a lot of it way too salty. It killed the taste, especially the shrimp.
The experience overall was good and I would probably return again.
Staff was great!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Great experience for a family but wasn’t cheap! Service very good, staff happy to return with offering and as we had two vegetarians in our group there was still something on offer for all.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Was a great dinner. Staff super nice, drinks were awesome, especially the mojitos. Best mojitos I’ve had in Canada. Dinner was tasty. Lots of different meats to try. Make sure you are hungry!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Tasty food, but I don't think that is worth $47 per person. Tasty food, lots of meat, but very red. Even bleeding at times. I know some people like it rare, but we were never given the option of having the meat done to our liking. For the price I paid I shoulďve asked.....but I'm not the complainter type.