“Try the Bibimbap!”

Mii Sushi & B.B.Q
Ranked #47 of 131 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I tried the Bibimbap, a new dish for me & absolutely loved it! The waitress was delightful, & helped me decide to try this Korean dish. Absolutely gorgeous preparation of fresh veggies, beef & rice. I'm a bit of a lightweight in the spice department, & the heat is controlled by adding a chili pepper paste to taste. Very nice, clean restaurant with welcoming staff. Thrilled I stumbled in off the highway! Already planning to stop back in on my return trip back to Calgary next week!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Despite the name of this restaurant, Mii Sushi is more Korean than Japanese. Our server seemed to be Korean and did not speak English very well ... she also did not understand when I asked whether they have sushi combos served on wooden boats, which is pretty common in Japanese restaurants we have been to in Canada, U.S.A. and Japan (we later noticed several such wooden boats stacked on a shelf behind the sushi counter).

We ordered appetizers of gyoza, chicken karaage and Mii Special sushi roll, which were not all that authentic in appearance or taste. My wife and I both ordered Japanese bento boxes, which had generous portions, but was not satisfying in taste. My son ordered Korean tofu stew, which was better ... hence, the restaurant's bias to Korean food.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped here to fill up after a day with Canmore Cave Tours. We ordered gyoza and sushi to share and it was delicious. Just what we need after a day in the caves. The service was friendly and fast, and the portions were generous. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

The ambiance of the restaurant was great! Very clean even their washroom. The food was great! We ordered Tonkatsu beef ramen, ton katsu, chicken teriyaki, canmore bento box, and canmore roll. The chicken teriyaki that comes on a sizzling plate for me was ok, I find it to have a lot of pepper. The other food taste great! The beef was tender, the ramen taste great and not too salty, the sushi was amazing! We also tried their mango ice cream, which tasted ok. They also have corn tea, which tasted good as well. They even provided me with a small plate and small spoon and fork for my little one. I would highly recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I recently saw a poor review from someone thinking the restaurant owner had it in for mixed race couples, what a laugh! We have never receive anything less than exceptional and warm welcome from everyone there, and we are a mixed couple!!
Both sushi and Korean dishes are very good