“Huge selection of fresh sushi and other asian dishes”
Review of 168 Sushi Buffet

168 Sushi Buffet
Ranked #43 of 390 Restaurants in Waterloo
Description: We do serve over 168 Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai Buffet Items in our All You Can Eat Menu, which includes fresh seafood, Beef, Chicken and etc. We strive to provide a satisfying dining experience for our customers!
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We went with a large party of 30 to have a sushi lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Despite a late phoned-in reservation, the restaurant was able to accommodate the large group in a private back room. We chose the buffet option. Table-top tablets with photos of the menu items were used to place our orders which were served up promptly. A steady stream of servers brought the various food orders to the tables as we enjoyed the freshly-made sushi, dumplings, rolls, tempura, curries ... the menu seemed endless. A soup and salad bar was also available, as well as a dessert bar. Chefs were visible making the sushi up fresh behind the sushi bar. The decor in the main restaurant was modern and attractive.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

heard about this place that opened quite awhile and saw both good and bad review about this place so me and my boyfriend decide to try this place out.
We were first greeted by the hostess where she gave us a tour of the restaurant and how the menu worked which was extremely helpful, then the server which came later also helped us with ordering and to my surprise he even asked if we have any allergies, especially with my high allergy to peanuts our server made sure we stayed away from any food with peanuts in them. I thought that was extremely thoughtful which is totally difference from the service we usually get from other all you can eat sushi restaurants.Our food came to the table extremely fast! My most favorite was the beef ribs, super tender and juicy! Overall both me and my boyfriend had great experience here. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 14 February 2016

after an average food experience and a long faced waitress who never smiled, she started reminding me that what I tipped her is not 10% of the total bill, and being aware of that,I then decided not to tip at all and to never return there again...

1  Thank wael168sushiwaterloo
BobbyTeng, Guest Relations Manager at 168 Sushi Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear Guest,

We refer to your letter of complaint dated on 14/02/2016.

We appreciate your feedback to improve our restaurants, and we are really sorry for any inconveniences which may have caused. Your feedback has been forwarded to our store manager for their consideration.

Thank you for your business.

Dora Wang
Guest Relationship Manager
168 Sushi Buffet Head Office
waterloo@168sushibuffet.com

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

I came here expecting to get some average sushi and average service... Both were below my expectations. The salad bar was nice, however, we ordered some standard Spicy Salmon and Spicy Tuna sushi which were DISGUSTING. Not only were the pieces of fish completely butchered, but there were chopped pieces of onions and red peppers in the spicy sauce with the hacked fish. I've never tasted sushi so gross, what a horrible way for the restaurant to cut corners and save money on fish. Also, the service was bad. The waitress was standing right beside our table (one foot away) basically the whole time and it felt super uncomfortable. She was just watching us eat; I put a plate down for one second (it still had food on it, I wasn't done!) and she just whisked it away before I could say anything. Also, it took a look time to get the bill. If you want half decent sushi and half decent service, do NOT come here.

1  Thank michellevf22
Reviewed 7 January 2016

When I saw the reviews for Sushi 168 I was surprised but thought that maybe my expirience was isolated. However, I've been here multiple times now and it never fails to impress me. The sashimi is always fresh and melt-in-your-mouth quality. The food always comes out less than 5 minutes after you order it via iPad, which is a huge bonus for me because that means I can optimize my binge-eating time frame. There's a large variety of sushi and entrees. I went out with my pregnant sister and much to our surprise the expirience was not hindered by her inability to eat uncooked fish.

Personally, my favourite thing is the soup/salad/dessert bar which also is a seafood bar during dinner time. So convinenet, and really fun.