Best Western Parkway Hotel Toronto North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfridge and microwaveroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastexcellent breakfastgreat place to staycanada's wonderlandthe ground floorhealth clubhot tuboutdoor pooltim hortonsgreat amenitiescleaning stafffresh fruiteasy accessfitness centertoronto area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The hotel is average. There is a handi-capped ramp on the side of the building, but there is no signage to indicate this. There is no handi-capped button to open the door on that side of the building. There is a ramp, but what good is it if you can still not get the door open. The dinner in the adjoining restaurant is very good. There service during breakfast is abysmal. I was yelled at when I wanted to do "take-out". When I put the tiny portion of food I was allowed to take on a plate, the plate was snatched out of my hand causing food to fall to the floor. There is absolutely no care for those with health issues making eating in the dining room less preferable to eating in one's room. The bathroom was dirty when I arrived, and was cleaned with a vacuum, no water. BUT the cleaning was excellent during the rest of my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SHParkway, Guest Experience Ambassador at Best Western Parkway Hotel Toronto North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Good afternoon I9305YAjanetb,

I think you have outlined some very legitimate concerns, especially regarding the automatic door. Please be assured I am going to look into this. I am sorry you had to experience such barriers to enter our hotel. I would also like to apologize about the service you experienced in the restaurant. You should not have been yelled at in the manner you say you were. That is unacceptable and I will be bringing it to the attention of the manager.

I am going to reach out to you directly for further comment, but I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We went to this hotel as part of a group for a hockey tournament. While sending an email the previous day to ask if we wanted to check in online ahead of time, it was really a waste of time, as the room was not ready at the time I indicated. I don't mind waiting til the actual check-in time, but then don't give me the option to check-in early if the room won't be ready. And many of our group did not have a room at the offical check-in time of 3 o'clock. As we were traveling back and forth to an arena in Newmarket, it was tricky to leave our luggage in a over-stuffed wait room while left for a hockey game. Since the hotel knew they would be booked full for the hockey tournament, it would have been in their best interest to have extra cleaning staff on hand to make sure that the rooms were ready and available. As well, parking at this location was really difficult. Small lot, small parking spaces for bigger vehicles.

Good afternoon Becky H,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry the room was not ready for you upon your arrival. All early check in requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed. It depends on many factors, including our occupancy the night before. If you request a time earlier than our standard 3pm check in time, we will try our best to prioritize the room, however it cannot be promised. I am also so disappointed to hear that rooms were still not ready at this time. That is certainly unfortunate and not up to our standards. I am going to follow up with our housekeeping team to ensure they understand the appropriate scheduling so that we can better prepare for these situations.

Thank you for providing your feedback. I hope we will get to see you again.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

rooms were nice, room attendants were great,parking was a free for all but if staying in the area we had a good commute to downtown daily...a straight shot down 404/don valley/bloor. the breakfast was great, would watch youngsters outside at night-lots of massage parlours in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SHParkway, Guest Experience Ambassador at Best Western Parkway Hotel Toronto North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Good morning Graham K,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed our central location and found the value in all the amenities we have to offer. I can assure you that our hotel is very safe and we have 24/7 security as well at CCTV footage. I hope you will join us again!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Hi Melissa and thank you for replying to our review for this property. Oddly enough this is our second stay at this property but only the first time we were offered a complimentary breakfast the next day. Our friends stayed the same night as us and were quoted a fee of $17.95 each for the breakfast buffet so they went elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SHParkway, Guest Experience Ambassador at Best Western Parkway Hotel Toronto North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Good morning Susan C,

I am sorry you were not offered a complimentary breakfast both stays. It is a requirement and something we always must provide so I am really sorry you missed out on that. The price your friends were quoted is the normal cost of our breakfast for guests staying at the Sheraton, but it does come complimentary for our Best Western guests.

If you would like to continue speaking more in depth - please reach out to me personally at melissausick@sheratonparkway.com and go can speak further.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Booked this hotel room to compliment a company holiday function that was taking place at the Sheridan that joins the Best Western. Overall it was nice. The rooms are clean and you feel comfortable. They could use a little more updating the rooms and the washroom to make it more inviting but overall it was fine.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Good morning Gina N,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. I am happy to say that we are in the very beginning phases of a large renovation, in which we will address the exterior, the lobby, and the guest rooms, so there will be a huge improvement. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back then to see the changes.