“Over-rated & Over-priced”

Pancer's Deli Emporium
Ranked #122 of 482 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Authentic deli serving the best corned beef & pastrami. Soups sandwiches salads and fish and chips makes Pancers an all around go to food stop. Catering, dine in and take make a great stop for meal replacements or a quick fix.
Reviewed 13 June 2015

Just moved to the Maple (Dufferin & Major Mac Pancer's) area. Thought I'd try Pancer's for the first time after good online reviews.

Had the 'Smoked Meat' sandwich, was ok, nothing outstanding, but tasty. Service was good and the place was cosy.

My disappointment was in the size of the deli sandwich. Paid $9.25 (incl taxes) and ordered it to go. Was expecting a decent-sized sandwich for the price (no sides, coleslaw or even a pickle included!). Received it quickly (it was quiet) and the second I picked it up from the counter I was extremely disappointed. It felt no more than three or four ounces. Didn't say anything and went to the car to open it. As expected, it was an inch high in the middle and zero inches on the sides, just a few bites of meat and that was it. So disappointing!

I have to admit that I'm a value hunter. I'm sure there are more expensive delis out there and yes, as Pancer's mentioned in a previous criticism, prices for meat have gone up, but unless you're a very rich 5 year old, you will not feel you've gotten your money's worth!

If you want good, cheap 'Smoked Meat' takeout, go to the Metro and get an amazing hot 'Montreal Smoked Meat' sandwich that's twice the size with a pickle, coleslaw and a pop for $7.10 (tax incl) and eat it in the car! It is 10 times better than what I just had!

Not even a pickle, come on man!

1  Thank Kccycle41

Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

Went today to Pancers from Oakville no Jewish Delis in Oakville. First time there myself and my girlfriend really enjoyed . It was snowing but the food was warm and comforting. We had the 3 meat platter FANTASTIC. Big Jack from Oakville go there . It's in the Plaza were the LCBO IS Located. DUFFERIN and MAJOR MACKENZIE .TOO bad they don't have store Front exposure. The deli is very good. I always go to Centre Street.but it's too noisy. Just as good and less noisy. Which I like so if u r in there area drop in tell the Brothers Big Jack from Oakville sent you

1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Pancers at Dufferin and Major McKenzie Richmond Hill. People are wonderful, enough food for two seniors to share (and they don't mind), food amazing. The only complaint I have is the soup. It is too thick and more like sauce.

2  Thank MxSmrs
Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

I tried this location after dining many times at the original on Bathurst, and I have to say, the new owner has not stayed true to the Pancer history. The food was meh, the portion equally underwhelming and the prices were pretty steep. When they first opened my wife told me she had a killer sandwich there, that was definitely not my experience. Shame really.

Reviewed 20 November 2014 via mobile

We came to Pancer's because everyone who was on the same training seminar as us gave it rave reviews. Service was quick and friendly. We had the daily sandwich special for $12.25 which comes with a deli meat sandwich, mini coleslaw, and french fries. The meat was delicious! The coleslaw was a bit too small for my liking. Could've gave us more fries because fries cost them nothing. All in all good food. If you're inputting gps directions, the deli in in Vaughan NOT Richmond Hill.

2  Thank yorkie1552