“Extremely Overpriced!”

Pancer's Deli Emporium
Ranked #131 of 473 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Authentic deli serving the best corned beef & pastrami. Soups sandwiches salads and fish and chips makes Pancers an all around go to food stop. Catering, dine in and take make a great stop for meal replacements or a quick fix.
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I've eaten here 5 times. First time (3 years ago) me and my friend had Reuben combos to go and we were pleasantly surprised.

Fast forward to last year and the prices have gone up and the sandwiches have shrunk. Combo's are 14$ or 16$ with a drink, the sandwich is so tiny I was finished it in 4 bites.
(were talking 3-4 Oz of meat here at most). I will give them credit for the smoked brisket being very tasty but does that give the owner permission to serve us ration size portions.

His coleslaw was pretty damn good but the whole ordering system gives off a cheap feel. The owner asks you to pick between coleslaw-potato salad or fries.
What happens if if I want fries and coleslaw?? Oh that's another 3.50$!
I got a sliver of a pickle that was more of a disgrace then a kind gesture. For 14.50$ that gets me a kids size sandwich and a spoon of coleslaw I expect a jumbo sour dill. Not a spear.

Saturdays they have 2 for 1 Soups. I went myself and asked for the 2 soups for 6$ and the owner questioned me if I really need 2 soups and that one should be enough and that the deal is for 2 people.

Another time a short man with hair and glasses gave me a hard time about the 2 for 1 Latkes because it was half an hour before closing time. If they don't want to honor their specials then don't display them.
This makes me furious when a restaurant makes you feel like a cheapskate for requesting an advertised special.

At the end of my smoked meat combo, with the 2 bowls of soup (20$) I was still hungry.

Wolfies Deli gives you 8oz for the same price and it's just as good and I don't have to deal with the weird owner of Pancers and their ugly decor.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Pick up from them almost every Sunday afternoon in the summer time.. Bring the deli home.. kids love to make big thick tasty sandwiches.. great kishka with gravy!

Reviewed 13 June 2015

Just moved to the Maple (Dufferin & Major Mac Pancer's) area. Thought I'd try Pancer's for the first time after good online reviews.

Had the 'Smoked Meat' sandwich, was ok, nothing outstanding, but tasty. Service was good and the place was cosy.

My disappointment was in the size of the deli sandwich. Paid $9.25 (incl taxes) and ordered it to go. Was expecting a decent-sized sandwich for the price (no sides, coleslaw or even a pickle included!). Received it quickly (it was quiet) and the second I picked it up from the counter I was extremely disappointed. It felt no more than three or four ounces. Didn't say anything and went to the car to open it. As expected, it was an inch high in the middle and zero inches on the sides, just a few bites of meat and that was it. So disappointing!

I have to admit that I'm a value hunter. I'm sure there are more expensive delis out there and yes, as Pancer's mentioned in a previous criticism, prices for meat have gone up, but unless you're a very rich 5 year old, you will not feel you've gotten your money's worth!

If you want good, cheap 'Smoked Meat' takeout, go to the Metro and get an amazing hot 'Montreal Smoked Meat' sandwich that's twice the size with a pickle, coleslaw and a pop for $7.10 (tax incl) and eat it in the car! It is 10 times better than what I just had!

Not even a pickle, come on man!

1  Thank Kccycle41
Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

Went today to Pancers from Oakville no Jewish Delis in Oakville. First time there myself and my girlfriend really enjoyed . It was snowing but the food was warm and comforting. We had the 3 meat platter FANTASTIC. Big Jack from Oakville go there . It's in the Plaza were the LCBO IS Located. DUFFERIN and MAJOR MACKENZIE .TOO bad they don't have store Front exposure. The deli is very good. I always go to Centre Street.but it's too noisy. Just as good and less noisy. Which I like so if u r in there area drop in tell the Brothers Big Jack from Oakville sent you

1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Pancers at Dufferin and Major McKenzie Richmond Hill. People are wonderful, enough food for two seniors to share (and they don't mind), food amazing. The only complaint I have is the soup. It is too thick and more like sauce.

2  Thank MxSmrs