“Great rooms for a inexpensive price.”

Hillside Inn Pembroke
Hillside Inn Pembroke
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I was a little iffy about booking this place, but it turned out just fine. We had two rooms booked, and we were side-by-side. The rooms were clean, had a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom was large. The bed was comfortable, but I had read an earlier review and brought my own pillow, which turned out to be an excellent idea, as the hotel pillows are small and flat! It was very quiet, and had chairs outside the door to sit outside in the evenings. It's very basic and could use a decorating update, for sure. The location is handy and Pembroke is a nice little town. I would certainly recommend this place, with excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We usually stay at the Hillside on our annual visit to Pembroke, (and always book 2-3 rooms) but we will be staying elsewhere next year for a few reasons. Our room was a good size for four people but one bed was slightly comfortable and one was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever sat on, let alone slept in. We referred to it as the “cardboard bed”. It sounded and felt like cardboard – it even crunched. Absolutely terrible. Pillows were the worst ever as well. The bathroom door did not close either which was not ideal for the one female in a family of males. Water temperatures were mixed up in the shower – a scalding issue. Finally, there was a discrepancy in our bill which turned out to be a Hotels.com issue (and they agreed to fix) but while I was seeking information about it, the manager/owner proceeded to change the hotel policy on the spot, while he was speaking to me. He knew that a family of four (two adults and two minor children) were staying in our room but allowed me to be charged for an additional person at the cost of $60 total. When questioned about it, he said it was because they were over the age of 10. Nowhere on any information that I have been able to find about this motel does it mention a children’s age policy of 10. (When we stayed there last year, we were not charged any additional cost for our children). For this reason, I do not trust this unscrupulous motel and will look elsewhere in Pembroke next year.

Room Tip: Check the fine print when booking and traveling with children Check the beds before agreeing to a r...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I came to Pembroke,for some work in Pontiac, Quebec. It is 15 min from there. The family who owns this establishment, with their motivated staff are unbelievably hospitable.
The rooms are clean, fully equipped, and everything worked.
There is a Macdonalds, an M and M, a little Ceasers and a gourmet (albeit overpriced) restaurant all of which are 5min away.
I truly recommend this place, and I'd always want to return here, under this management.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We were stuck in a thunderstorm on our motorcycle and had to stop in Pembroke for the night. The town was very cute. We stayed at Hillside Inn because it was in a good location and was affordable- 70$ CAD for the night. The room was very quaint and clean. The bed was comfortable- however, my one criticism would be that the pillows were NOT comfy! All in all, it was a really good motel!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We needed a place to dry out after camping with a laundromat close by and this was the first place we came upon. The owners were very welcoming when we went in, were happy to show us the room and when we saw it we booked in right away. The property was very well kept on the onside as well. Rooms aren't large but very sufficient. Nice new windows. Within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. I was just so happy with the pleasantness of all. Quiet too and reasonable. Filled up quickly but all were quiet.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple