The Aisling Lakehouse was everything we hoped for and more! 14 of us came up to Aikman Lake from Toronto for a bachelorette. The forecast didn't look great but we ended up with a beautiful day on Friday - we spent the day down on the dock, swimming in the lake (warm even in mid-June, probably because of the small lake size!), reading on the hammocks, and using the canoes provided. The weather on Saturday was a bit overcast/rainy so we had some indoor activities planned and made use of the awesome hot tub in the screened-in gazebo. We also spent a lot of time in the giant screened-in porch on one side of the cottage (more than enough room for all of us). For meals, cooking was a breeze because of the 3 kitchens in the cottage and multiple outdoor BBQs! Everyone had a great spot to sleep and felt well rested. We had plenty of space to park all of our cars, and plenty of space indoors to hang out together, or to find a private spot to read/nap. Lori was an absolute pleasure to work with in organizing this weekend, and she and her family made us feel very welcome during our stay. We barely noticed their presence next door (and we loved saying hello to their dogs every morning) and they assured us that our noise level was not an issue. We can't wait to come back next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic cottage experience for your family or group on a private and serene lake. Aisling Lakehouse offers 3 interconnected cottage suites that allow your group to be together when you want to be and separate when you need to be. Open year round ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Aisling Lakehouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sundog Retreat Hotel Parry Sound
- Aisling Lakehouse Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada