“Perfect spot for our date night!”

The Italian Gourmet
Ranked #109 of 300 Restaurants in Newmarket
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

What a find! Restaurant was cozy, staff were friendly, service was quick, and the food was incredible. They even accommodated my gluten intolerance, which is difficult for a lot of Italian restaurants to do. Wine is reasonably priced and pairing suggestions are offered for each dish. We highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

So disappointed. This was my favourite place. But I have to say they just changed their menu the last time we went and it seems they are trying to anglicize the menu. The lunch/dinner menu is...weird, so i don't ever go. I used to go here every single weekend. Sometimes once during the week as well but I haven’t been back since this visit. I guess I’ll try one more time and if it seems the suckage is permanent, I’ll have to find another breakfast place.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Glad we have this little place a try. Breakfast was fantastic- poached eggs with vodka sauce, eggs carbonara style. Mushroom sides, a bit of salad. Bread delicious. Great coffee. Good service. We will definitely return to try dinner!

1  Thank Kristina D
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This place is for true italian food lovers. As someone who grew up in an italian family, I shy away from italian places. Let's just face it. They are always a disappointment compared to what you get at your nonna's house. This place, though? Yeah, My cousin and I frequent this place as much as possible. We love it! Absolutely authentic and delicious. perfect portion sizes, great options that are creative but delicious and really keeping with the simple style that makes italian cooking so great. Priced well and good coffee. Their specialty dried pastas are amazing if you want to take something home with you. I've seen some people comment that the service is a bit slow, but for good quality food, you don't get a McDonald's timeline. This is a place to truly enjoy your food, not rush through it. Let the experience be part of your meal, relax, chat, breathe and have a nice meal in European fashion. Take your time, it's worth it.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We have heard so much about this place, that we finally just had to try it. The salads were good with their homemade dressing, though I personally would have preferred some other salad toppers, the one I ordered was strictly mixed greens and dressing. I am sure the menu stated this fact, but I guess I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to detail.
Their pastas and sauces are fresh and pretty scrumptious. It took a long time to get our dinner, I am not sure why since they were not busy in the restaurant, though I did see some people coming in for take out. If you get their basic pasta and sauce, it is pretty cheap, however, like most places, the more specialized the sauce, the higher the price. The cost was still pretty reasonable for all their entrees. Their location is a little challenging regarding parking, though they have a lot in the back for about 5 cars. They now have their liquor license with wine and beer. They had a varied price range of wine. They have specialty breads you can purchase, but it would be nice to have a free bread at the table.