“Terrible customer service - no food!”
Review of Cafe Hesed

Cafe Hesed
Ranked #103 of 297 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 4 December 2017

After placing our lunch order, we proceeded to sit for 30 minutes before following up to ask about our order. The one woman there (cooking and taking orders?) looked at me totally confused - she forgot to place our order! We had to go for an appointment, so I asked for my money back. She said - you had a coffee - and gave me back my money less the amount for one coffee!! Incredibly ignorant - just terrible service. Had to laugh it off - will never go back!!!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped in today for a light lunch and coffee, sandwich and snack. Coffee was good, home baked banana bread much better than the what Starbucks is serving these days out of cellophane wrapper. The mango smoothie was very good, recommended. It was very nice to sit there in afternoon listening to the piano, by the window with sun beam, in the comfy chairs.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Hesed means loving kindness. When I asked the lovely woman who owns and operates Hesed, she said she chose the name from the Bible. And she chose well. Hesed is a wonderful spot to meet a friend for a treat or lunch, or you might just want to take your "book" and sink into one of the big comfy chairs with a delicious cup of latte or chai tea and a homemade goodie. I recommend the banana bread. There is a focused menu and all of the food is freshly prepared and very yummy.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I lunch here frequently because the owner is very pleasant and the food is good, tasty and inexpensive.

1  Thank Mykeljon
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Cafe Hesed has a range of coffees for many pallets, as well as specialty coffees.
they have a good variety of sandwiches.
also excellent ambience.
This café is our favourite destination on Main street, Newmarket.