“Cheap and clean. No frills, but that's what you get for the low price.”
Review of Kings Inn

Kings Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stayed here just after Christmas and for the price, it was a great place to stay. Unlike some motels/hotels there is an option for smoking rooms or non-smoking. Not something you find a lot of, in my experience. Sure there was the odd burn in the carpet or on the furniture, but what else would you expect from a smoking room? Lol. I was just happy that neither my wife nor myself were forced to smoke outside in -25 or lower winter weather! It made our stay enjoyable.

The critical reviews were critical for what these people "expected" to get and didn't. This is NOT a Travelodge, Best Western, Comfort Inn or Hilton hotel. It's a $60 or so a night motel. Be happy, that it's comfortable and clean I say. Sure, there was no coffee maker, no free coffee, not "continental" breakfast (which are usually overrated anyway and awful). This place is a "no frills" motel and the amenities reflect such. You get a microwave and small fridge, a T.V. with lots of channels, free Wifi and a phone. There is no alarm clock, so bring your own or use your cell phone for an alarm, or ask for a wake up call maybe, from the front desk. He seems like a nice enough guy, that he might do that, just as many motels/hotels do.

The beds are o.k. (firm, but soft) and the sheets are clean. The pillows were very fluffy, the sink, toilet and shower were clean. It's a dated place, sure, as one review indicated, but the rooms have been modernized a bit also and are clean. With things like ceramic tile in the bathrooms and you get basically what you'd expect from a very reasonably priced motel. We had clean towels, drinking glasses that were sealed in plastic wrap (not some glasses that were cleaned with furniture polish or chemicals like some places, you'd be surprised what happens at some places).

I have to say, that for the price, I was impressed with what it was. The owner is a very nice man and accommodating. He wants to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as it can be, so you consider coming back (and I would). The cleaning lady knocked on our door to see if we needed anything, when we did a two night stint after doing a one nighter earlier in our 4 day visit. The service is good. I have zero complaints really. It's NOT a fleabag motel, that's for sure. You could easily do much worse for the same money. This is a decently run motel overall and I got exactly what I expected. Any more than this and you are into the $80-$100 a night places. If you want good eats or coffee, there is a Tim Hortons down the road (about a block) and less than a block away there is a Chinese restaurant, a convenience store and a pizzeria. So, despite the lack of food options at the motel, there are those things close by. There is at least a drink vending machine on site and the drinks are only a dollar. Good enough, for the price you are paying really. I would stay here again, no doubt, because the value is good really.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We visit with friends here. The owners are always willing to help if you have a problem.

This is not your fancy chain motel, but you aren't paying the price either. This area is a big tourist area and many rooms can cost you $200.00 on a weekend night during the "season".

Clean, comfortable room, not fancy, but it doesn't advertise it is.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We were very disappointed with our stay at the Kings Inn. While the room was clean it lacked the usual amenities one would expect from what I considered a premium price. No coffee maker, no bedside alarm, no box of tissues and a cheap microwave. TV was unplugged and took some time to discover this. The overall decor was dated. Caulking repairs in bathroom poorly done. Would not stay again or recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here for one night while we needed to visit Midland. The staff is super friendly, and our room was impeccably clean. We used the barbeque which was appreciated. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is in a great spot for visiting the area. If we ever find ourselves in Midland again, we will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the first time on Aug 16 on our way north and we loved it so much decided to stay on our return trip on the 24th. The rooms are very clean, beds very comfortable and the staff are very very friendly. They make you feel like you are family and not just some stranger looking for a place to spend the night. We will definitely stay here on our next road trip. Thanks again for the enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
0.8 km away
3 km away
Super 8 Midland
Super 8 Midland
#2 of 8 in Midland

Been to Kings Inn? Share your experiences!