All reviews coffee machine sausage front desk hot breakfast rooms are big no elevator van houtte modern furniture wheelchair access place to stay midland area looked brand new for sale room was immaculately clean bagels public areas first floor
Reviewed 31 December 2017

This 30 room hotel is fairly new and very clean. We had a room with 2 queen beds on the second floor. This was not your typical room where 2 beds are crammed into a tiny space. We couldn't believe how spacious the room was! The room had a mini fridge, table and chairs, an alcove for the desk and another alcove for the closet and bathroom. Breakfast included your typical hot and cold items. Loved the coffee machine where each cup was made with fresh ground beans!! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ThunderBay17
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very clean. Friendly staff. Coffee machine offers fresh ground brew. Cannot comment on breakfast as we did not stay, but it was pleasant enough. Down side is really firm beds. But given the state of disrepair of many motels in the area, would head back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Tried to call this Inn directly but no one answered phone, so went online to read about it. Then tried to call again to ask questions. No answer. Back online Trip Advisor , read write up, says 2 rooms left and I have important family Thanksgiving dinner to attend next day, so I booked online quickly. After a long drive, I arrive, abrupt clerk barely looks at me, sign here, need credit card, and I sign but stop quickly!! Shocked, I see No Pets Allowed on the form unless I pay $250.00 extra? What? It never said this online at all, not even in their website. The snotty clerk says well I have no choice if I want to stay in the room!! I have a four month old, 5 lb puppy with me and she is not allowed to,stay in room with me without this charge! I tell the clerk again this is not in their ad!! She says well just leave the puppy in then car overnight!? Really? It is only 10deg. Out! She says well that's my problem, I have to pay for the room whether I stay in it or not! I have no other accommodations, I am 70 years old, it is cold out, it is getting late, I am tired and worried about the puppy and what to do?! But I feel forced to sign in or sleep in my car! What should I do? I am heartsick!! I call my son. And he says, you can't leave the puppy in the cold car, if the tiny little thing freezes and gets sick or dies, you could be charged with cruelty to animals, you won't be able to forgive yourself and this whole thing is wrong! Do not leave the puppy in the car! I wasn't going to leave her, I just don't know what to do? I drive around Midland, trying to figure out what to do, time is passing, it is getting really,late, I am so tired.
I start phoning other hotels in their area and finally the nicest young lady tells me they have an empty room, dogs are welcome, and come right over. The price is more, but we will both be in the warm and get some rest.
My puppy is hungry, tired and out of sorts so I am extremely grateful to find this place.
I drive back to Midland Inn and tell the clerk that it is illegal to leave a puppy or any animal in the car outside in the cold and I cannot stay in the room myself without her. I could be charged! She says, "that's your problem, you still have to pay for the room", I give her back the keys and tell her she hasn't heard the end of me yet. I have never been treated so rudely, nor told to leave a baby puppy out in the cold, or forced to sign a checkin form before being informed of some policy they don't advertise. She said again, that's your problem, took back the keys and turned away! It was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel or inn in all my 70 years. I was so stressed, upset, tired, worried and humiliated by the clerk and this horrible experience that I could never, NEVER recommend the Midland Inn and Suites to anyone. ,! HORRIBLE night..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Booked at the last minute on a travel through the area. Accommodation is new and place is clean. Asked for a quiet room and was given one facing on the highway after being told we were on the back. Breakfast was sufficient however serving it on cheap disposable plates with disposable cutlery was terrible.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laritwoshoes
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were looking for a hotel and stopped here first. We thought the prices seemed high compared to other Midland hotel prices listed in Trip Advisor so we then looked at other hotels and decided on the Midland Inn. It is one of the higher priced hotels in Midland but compares very favorably to the more than 40 hotels/motels we have stayed at across Canada this summer and it definitely provides excellent value. It has a big, well-lit parking area, located next to the OPP detachment, and a good picnic area with Bar-B-Q. Reception was friendly and efficient and we noticed wheel chair access and rooms on the first floor. There is no elevator and although we were on the second floor, it’s an easy walk. Our room was really nice with comfortable beds, a big bathroom, lots of towels, and Keurig coffee maker. Internet seemed hard to connect but worked very well. The room included a good work area with lots of plug-ins, fridge and microwave. The breakfast area was one of the nicer ones I have seen and included eggs and sausages, plus a good selection of cereals, fruit, bagels, and muffins. The coffee machine is available 24 hours and is outstanding. It allows you to choose how you want your coffee and then brews each cup individually to your taste. The hotel is located about 2 minutes from a LCBO outlet and restaurants, and is only about 5 minutes from downtown Midland. This is an excellent hotel and we shall visit again if we are in the Midland area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple