“Super Clean and comfy, excellent value for money”

Midland Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I reached here late at night on a bitter cold winter night. While signing in, I realised I had forgotten to pack my toothbrush. When I asked the manager where was the nearest Pharmacy as I had forgotten my toothbrush, lo and behold a brand new toothbrush and toothpaste were provided.Truly five star service.

Room was immaculately clean. Very comfy bed. Super clean bathroom. and the rates are extremely reasonable. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This 30 room hotel is fairly new and very clean. We had a room with 2 queen beds on the second floor. This was not your typical room where 2 beds are crammed into a tiny space. We couldn't believe how spacious the room was! The room had a mini fridge, table and chairs, an alcove for the desk and another alcove for the closet and bathroom. Breakfast included your typical hot and cold items. Loved the coffee machine where each cup was made with fresh ground beans!! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very clean. Friendly staff. Coffee machine offers fresh ground brew. Cannot comment on breakfast as we did not stay, but it was pleasant enough. Down side is really firm beds. But given the state of disrepair of many motels in the area, would head back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Tried to call this Inn directly but no one answered phone, so went online to read about it. Then tried to call again to ask questions. No answer. Back online Trip Advisor , read write up, says 2 rooms left and I have important family Thanksgiving dinner to attend next day, so I booked online quickly. After a long drive, I arrive, abrupt clerk barely looks at me, sign here, need credit card, and I sign but stop quickly!! Shocked, I see No Pets Allowed on the form unless I pay $250.00 extra? What? It never said this online at all, not even in their website. The snotty clerk says well I have no choice if I want to stay in the room!! I have a four month old, 5 lb puppy with me and she is not allowed to,stay in room with me without this charge! I tell the clerk again this is not in their ad!! She says well just leave the puppy in then car overnight!? Really? It is only 10deg. Out! She says well that's my problem, I have to pay for the room whether I stay in it or not! I have no other accommodations, I am 70 years old, it is cold out, it is getting late, I am tired and worried about the puppy and what to do?! But I feel forced to sign in or sleep in my car! What should I do? I am heartsick!! I call my son. And he says, you can't leave the puppy in the cold car, if the tiny little thing freezes and gets sick or dies, you could be charged with cruelty to animals, you won't be able to forgive yourself and this whole thing is wrong! Do not leave the puppy in the car! I wasn't going to leave her, I just don't know what to do? I drive around Midland, trying to figure out what to do, time is passing, it is getting really,late, I am so tired.
I start phoning other hotels in their area and finally the nicest young lady tells me they have an empty room, dogs are welcome, and come right over. The price is more, but we will both be in the warm and get some rest.
My puppy is hungry, tired and out of sorts so I am extremely grateful to find this place.
I drive back to Midland Inn and tell the clerk that it is illegal to leave a puppy or any animal in the car outside in the cold and I cannot stay in the room myself without her. I could be charged! She says, "that's your problem, you still have to pay for the room", I give her back the keys and tell her she hasn't heard the end of me yet. I have never been treated so rudely, nor told to leave a baby puppy out in the cold, or forced to sign a checkin form before being informed of some policy they don't advertise. She said again, that's your problem, took back the keys and turned away! It was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel or inn in all my 70 years. I was so stressed, upset, tired, worried and humiliated by the clerk and this horrible experience that I could never, NEVER recommend the Midland Inn and Suites to anyone. ,! HORRIBLE night..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Booked at the last minute on a travel through the area. Accommodation is new and place is clean. Asked for a quiet room and was given one facing on the highway after being told we were on the back. Breakfast was sufficient however serving it on cheap disposable plates with disposable cutlery was terrible.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
0.3 km away
14.8 km away
Rawley Resort
Rawley Resort
#3 of 4 in Port Severn

Been to Midland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!