US$115
US$75
US$93
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$98
All reviewsbeautiful hotelpaper bagcoffee culturehotel is newly renovatedbarber shopmunicipal lotdowntown kitchenercoffee stationstir sticksfront deskpersonal notepublic parkingground coffeecocktail loungeberlin restaurantcharles streetcoffee grounds
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Walper hotel is located in a central location in Kitchener. It has been renovated recently in a very eclectic style. It's very hard to describe but absolutely fantastic. The rooms are very cozy and have a bunch of design things in them. I especially liked the little paper bag with coffee in the room, which carries a hand written note for every guest. I felt very welcome and would definitely stay here again. I hope I get the chance.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Chris M, Public Relations Manager at The Walper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Hi Sprudu,

So lovely to hear you chose to stay with The Walper Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Really great to hear some of our little touches made a warm welcome for you!

We hope you come and stay with us again!

Warmly,

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at the Walper Hotel during a quick overnight trip to Kitchener in April, and my experience was nothing short of fantastic. The attention to detail in my room and throughout the hotel was impossible to ignore, and provided an aesthetically pleasing environment that left nothing to be desired. The high quality of service provided by the entire staff was second to none. When I arrived, I enjoyed an evening cocktail and charcuterie at the bar, and the mixologist was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Later I enjoyed a delicious and fulfilling dinner at TWH Social, where the menu was creative and carefully planned. The level of refined taste and sophistication at the Walper sets the bar high, and I will surely return the next time I’m in the area.

1  Thank aevelynjones
Chris M, Public Relations Manager at The Walper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Hello aevelynjones,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with The Walper Hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

It is wonderful to hear when guests take advantage of our cocktail bar, The Lokal, and our on-site restaurant, TWH Social. We're also delighted you enjoyed the aesthetics!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we can't wait to host you again!

Until next time,

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at The Walper Hotel recently. I hadn't expected to find such a trendy boutique hotel in the area. The rooms are modern and very tastefully done. My room was very large and the bathroom was beautifully laid out. Everything was new. I loved the fact that I had access to a little fridge (not mini bar) stocked with a few soft drinks and water for my consumption, as well as milk for morning coffee or tea. It also had a 'pour over' in room coffee set which could make either tea or coffee at the correct temperature. Just a note to the hotel - maybe leaving a plain black tea would be a good idea along with the flavoured variety that was available.

Although I really enjoyed the hotel, my room was on an internal courtyard which had bright lights from the corridors shining all night. The blinds did not fully block it out and I had difficulty sleeping.

I also want to note just how friendly and helpful the hotel staff were. It seemed that nothing was too much trouble.

A couple of small downsides - valet parking was full when I arrived and there really isn't a place to wait outside with the car. I had to go to the municipal lot round the corner and bring my luggage back with me. The other downside was that check out was very slow so you need to leave a bit of time to get through that in the morning. That said, I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If light affects your sleep, ask for a room not looking out on to the couryard
1  Thank TheGentleGourmand
Chris M, Public Relations Manager at The Walper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hi TheGentleGourmand,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with The Walper Hotel. We are Waterloo Region's only boutique hotel, thanks for noticing!

We are going to check into the corridor lighting, as that is unpleasant and the lights must not have shut off properly on their timer -- please know you can text or call our Front Desk at any hour of the day and let them know about anything you need!

We do have a fast check-out option that our Front Desk team will tell you all about or you can find more info on the Smart TV in your guest room.

We look forward to hosting you again and taking that 4-star review and turning it into a 5-star review!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

A contemporary boutique hotel that is very comfortable. Lobby is small and there are not many good views but the décor is beautiful. The restaurant is very good. The bar looks nice but I did not use it.

Room Tip: Good price for a boutique hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Chris M, Public Relations Manager at The Walper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Hi jimbo1069,

Thank you so much for the feedback and for choosing to stay with The Walper Hotel.

We're so glad you found TWH Social enjoyable and we hope next time you will stop in and try one of our award-winning mixologist's cocktails!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Staying here for Volleyball Provincials at RIM Park. Beautiful hotel with stunning decor. All the staff are fabulous, particularly marcel! Can text them anytime with a request as we had to when we realized we forgot toothpaste and 1 toothbrush. Would stay again anytime.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chris M, Public Relations Manager at The Walper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Hi!

Thanks so much for staying - we hope your team did awesome at the Volleyball Provincials!

We're so glad to hear that Marcel stood out for his warm and welcoming guest service. Also happy to hear that you enjoyed using our text message service; we are always searching for ways to make our guest's experience more seamless and enjoyable.

We look forward to having you in again, where we will look to take that 4-star stay into a truly exceptional 5-star stay.

Marketing Manager