“Good option for all you can eat sushi”

Sushi Star Kitchener
Ranked #115 of 555 Restaurants in Kitchener
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Service is quite good, but when it gets busy, they might miss orders. They're usually quite good about following up though - e.g. last time I waited for my noodles, it never came. However, the lady in charge offered to have it made immediately so that I can take it to go. Sushi is good and fresh everytime I've been here....one thing I particularly like is that they don't try to go too heavy on the rice on the sushi, to the point where you barely taste the fish/topping(s). My wife particularly likes the sweet potato tempura, which they have recently cut up in halves so that it's easier to bite but also increases the crunch-to-bite ratio. Yes, atmosphere might be a little dated and their parking lot needs work, but on the whole they keep the place clean and hygenic.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

So I was a little hesitant to go here cuz the place looks like a dive.. Very dated inside, old looking tables, Windows r covered up ect.. But my sister in law convinced me it was ok to eat there so we went.

The sushi was very good I was pleasantly surprised. I was almost thinking I could go back again until I customer kicked the car seat my niece was sitting in & he didn't even apologize the waitress tried to apologize for him..

This is the kind of customers u can attract when u look like a dump.. Maybe If they clean it up I'll go back.

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Awesome place - I come here quite often - the price is very reasonable for all you can eat - the servers have all been great - the food is excellent - there is no time limit and people can relax and enjoy themselves - the price for children is also reasonable - the family that owns this are also very kind -

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Pleasantly surprised, don't let the depressing run down neighbour hood deter you from this one.
Clean inside, great decor, nice open concept you see the food prep.
Cheese wontons, tempura anything were fantastic! Spring rolls good, but not the best I'd had. Enjoyed the pork dumplings as well.
The sushi rolls were great, highly recommend. They did have quite a few that were very similar. Hand rolls were good.

I would go return if in that area.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Been here like 4 times and the quality of food is just amazing. The sashimi, sushi rolls, bbq, salads, and spring rolls they offer are all fresh, tasty and flavorful. It is a family run business which I like and would love to always support. Our server is very polite friendly. If I have the time and money, I would come here twice a week at least as this place is amazing and clean

I used a coupon today and the lady/owner honored my coupon although I used visa/debit card where it had restrictions on the card. I have told all my family and friends to visit this great local restaurant.

The only suggestion from my end would be to change the exterior images as they are old and might discourage newbies from trying this gem.