“Great Night Out”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Lovely place, clean, airy, large enough vet still cozy, great bar, great for dinner with friends. Good variety on the menu, food was very fresh, very tasty, well prepared, they modified our order to accommodate dietary needs. Portions are fine, good wine and beer selection and service was average. Overall a great little place that we'll be returning to.

1  Thank RCrumb

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We come here from time to time and have yet to be disappointed. This time we took friends and they also fully enjoyed the evening. When we arrived, our table was not ready so we sat at the bar, and at the end of the evening they comped us the drinks for making us wait. Now that is customer service. I had the special, which was excellent. Everybody else's meal was great. The bread was excellent. Absolutely amazing evening, worth every penny. We will return.

1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Had a great lunch with friends on a rained out golf day. Wine in a ceramic carafe, antipasto platter for sharing and spicy but not too spicy angel hair pasta with sausage topped off by a double expresso for a boost to get back to work.

Restaurant was busy but service remained attentive throughout. We will return.

1  Thank Mikeca1
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I was craving spaghetti with meat sauce so I suggested to a friend we go to Casa Rugantino for lunch as I had not been to the restaurant since it changed ownership (I think in 2009) or since it was renovated.

I was looking forward to digging into a large plate of excellent tasting spaghetti. The plate arrived and the portion size was very small and I unfortunately didn't find the taste of the sauce anything special.

I called up my friend Gloria and I just happened to mention my experience at Casa Rugantino. Gloria offered to make me her homemade spaghetti with meat sauce and plenty of it. I went over to Gloria's for dinner a couple of days later and satisfied my craving.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Having lived in the region for many years, we have had numerous excellent meals at this restaurant in the past. Unfortunately in the past 2 years the quality has deteriorated. Our last evening visit the service was not at par, the food was mediocre in taste and quality of the meat dishes was only passable. On a previous lunch visit the pizza puff with meat sauce consisted of enormous amount of cooked cheese on the puff which could not be found!!
Sad to say that we have lost our only good Italian restaurant in town. It has become another Krebs or Milestone outlets.