We arrived at Portage Inn at around 5pm to stay overnight before making our way to Algonquin Provincial Park the next day. Nancy and Sidney, the proprietors, were extremely hospitable making us feel right at home, treating us as if we were one of the family. We spent hours talking to Nancy and Sidney and I played pool with Sidney.
We were treated to a nice breakfast the next morning and Nancy helped us in planning the rest of our weekend trip. Nothing was too difficult for her as she pulled out her laptop to look things up for us as we needed.
It was a great start to our weekend trip which we continued to Algonquin Provincial Park to see the spectacular fall colours. I highly recommend Portage Inn to any traveller and we plan to return later in the year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Portage Inn Bed & Breakfast (1889), owned by authors Nancy and Sidney Kirkpatrick, sits on a beautiful 5 acre waterfront property on Peninsula Lake in Huntsville Muskoka Ontario. Each room has a large full bathroom of its own en-suite. One room has a view of the lake and another has a large jacuzzi tub. Traditional breakfasts are provided but special diets are available upon request. Also on the property is a chalet that sleeps up to 13 with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 kitchens and 2 living/dining rooms as well as a Muskoka Room, laundry room and 2 decks looking over the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Portage Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portage Inn And Cottages
- Portage Inn & Cottages Hotel Huntsville
- Portage Inn & Cottages Huntsville, Canada - Ontario