Living Water Resort(Collingwood)
Luxury Inn(Collingwood)
The Findlay House(Collingwood)
1,055 results
All reviewsgeorgian bayfull kitchengreat weekendliving roomwasaga beachminute driveliving water resorttennisfireplaceski
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We had 2 group lunches @ the Cranberry Resort in FEB 2017 , and JAN 2018. And we are very happy with your services and food quality.
We had the Pasta Buffet, salad and soup and desert. Everybody really enjoyed!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toronto FunTour... H
DonBuckle, General Manager at Living Stone Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to review your group lunches with us. It’s wonderful that we were able to play host to you. We would love to host your next group lunch at one of our Cranberry Resort properties. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Room was good, staff were friendly. Breakfast was nice.
Based on the price we paid which included ski lift tickets, it was great. However, it we paid the full price for stay, I'd be a bit sad.

1. Check in is 4pm which is 1-2 hours above the average(which is typically at 2-3pm)
2. Check out time is at 11am(and we have been told and have a paper that says so. However at 10:30 we had a staff member we are late to check out as it's 10am. Made us hurry and not the best last experience. I fault this to poor management...

3. We had a courtesy request for a room item and I had to ask 3 times to get it delivered... It came 1 day after I asked.

4. Although breakfast selection was good and they had live egg station, some other things were old(eg croissants were not fresh. Hot potatoes were barely warm and tasted as if they were there from yesterday( I travel a lot so I'd know when I get fresh stuff).
5. Fridge in the room was not working properly. We had a few food items from evening to morning everything froze up so we had to throw things out. Not nice...

6. We were put in a room which was interconnected with another and they had 4 kids in there screaming and crying for 1 day, starting at 6am!!... Interconnecting rooms are never private and noise was substantial - either walls are too thin or doors do not block the noise. As were were told the hotel was not that busy so why were we put next to screaming kids?

7. Website shows they have Courtyard Bistro restaurant, with menu and info. The room also had info on this restaurant. When we came there we were told they "joined" it with the fine dining restaurant Memories. Well, prices were up to double so I am not sure how you can join a casual and fine dining restaurant. Food was different and so are prices which are not casual. I fault this to poor management as well if they can't remove things off website and rooms.

So overall there are issues which they can fix if they actually try( I've worked in in a hotel for 5 years so I know those are easy to fix things). 4 star given is only based on the price we paid. Otherwise it would've been more close to 2 as those little things can spoil the experience.

So if the management can address the little issues and things, it would be a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: 1st floor is actually in the basement. Make sure you avoid those as I hear those are absolutely horrible..
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gsxr

Hello. We really appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience, but have some concerns. Cranberry Resort is a vacation ownership resort, which is different from your typical hotel. We do provide a number of perks that you would not find in other places. However, we understand your concerns and will make sure they reach the appropriate departments. We also are disappointed to hear that your unit had a faulty refrigerator. When these issues happen, we encourage our guests to reach out to the staff so that we can fix it for you. We want to make sure that you have the best possible experience. Once again, we apologize for your experience and hope to be able to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here through a Facebook time share deal. Hotel room looks like it was never cleaned. Construction dust and garbage left in room. Gross water was left in sink when we arrived. Black mold all around shower ceiling. When the room above us used water a loud screeching sound would pierce your ears. Walls are paper thin you literally hear everything even when other rooms doors are shut. Too top it off we had a manager try to walk in our room without knocking and with the do not disturb sign on handle.

Do not stay here unless you like dirty rooms and don’t like sleeping.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrankE2417

Hello Frank, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Because we value all of our guests, we are very disappointed to hear that your stay was not on par with the high standards we’ve been known for. We always encourage our guests to let us know of any needs or issues they may encounter during their stay. Our mission is to make sure that you’re having the best vacation experience possible, and once again, we would like to apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I booked a weekend at the Cranberry resort through a Facebook ad that got us 2 nights stay, two ski passes and $100 in food vouchers for Memories restaurant for $199 with the condition that we attend a 90 minute sales presentation for a Time Share at the resort.

The location can't be beat. 10 minute drive to the mountain, 5 minutes to the main street (Restaurants, LCBO etc..). Memories restaurant was excellent, we had dinner there Friday night and Breakfast Sunday morning.

The service was friendly and acceptable. The people at the restaurant were very friendly and served us well. The front desk seemed a little bit overwhelmed on a Friday evening, but I imagine it was fairly busy and she was doing the best she could.

Our room was ok. We were on the ground floor in the original part of the building. Renovations had been done, but they looked like they had been done by your uncle who claims to know what he's doing, but has never had any real training. Things were finished, but not with the craftsmanship I would expect at a hotel, or any public building or in my basement really. That being said, it was clean and not too bad especially considering the price we paid.

We had a great day skiing with the free lift passes, went to dinner and then went to the sales pitch.

I was expecting the worst. I have heard some horror stories about time share presentations and read a few on this site about the Cranberry Resort presentations. But our experience was fine. The presenters were all laid back, super friendly and absolute zero pressure. They gave their pitch, told us why it might make sense for us, and asked if we were interested, and if not, why not. The time share didn't make sense for me and my wife because of the type of traveling we do, the times of the year our jobs allow us to travel, and the amount of travel we can do. We explained this to our presenter, they thanked us for our time, and we were on our way back to enjoy a soak in the hot tub after our ski day.

We checked out after breakfast Sunday and were on our way.

We definitely got a great weekend at a great price, and actually enjoyed learning more about the time share vacation model.

While our room was just ok, the condo that we got to see on our tour looked very nice, and the newer part of the hotel may be better than the room we stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottElmira
DonBuckle, General Manager at Living Stone Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello Scott, we're glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great Facebook offer and visit our location at the Cranberry Resort! Thank you for expressing interest in learning about the benefits of ownership with us. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll come back soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I booked the 2 bedrooms condo unit 4 months ago with arrangement to have 2 beds in each room for the coming family day long weekend. The girl from resort who called for confirmation kept making mistakes and told me I booked for something else, and finally she found my booking but without 2 beds in each room. She admitted the employee in her office made a mistake and ask the manager to speak to me and see what they can do to arrange. The manager called and used the clause on the web site saying no guarantee to deny my request. What ridiculous service is this??? Letting the customer to suffer their mistakes. I'll never book this resort again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank William L
DonBuckle, General Manager at Living Stone Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hello William, we appreciate your review and apologize that you felt your concerns were not met and are trying to accommodate your request. We hope that you enjoy your family holiday and time at the Cranberry Resort and well as Blue Mountain! Please contact the concierge to find out everything that the resort has to offer.