The Findlay House(Collingwood)(Great Value!)
US$80
Days Inn & Suites Collingwood(Collingwood)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$195
Luxury Inn(Collingwood)
Milestone Motel(Collingwood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgeorgian baybedroom condobit datedcoffee makerfull kitchenwasaga beachblue mountainsgustavfireplacetenniswinterdishwasherskitubs
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here. I requested an updated room if possible but wasn't expecting one. The hallways were pretty outdated as we were walking to our room so I kind of figured we weren't getting an updated one. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering our room, it was beautiful and you could tell it had recently been fixed up and painted with new flooring and an updated bathroom.

The shower floor was kind of dirty, and so was the balcony, it was actually too dirty to even sit on the chairs out there and the door was so thin you could hear everything out in the hallway as if they were in your room, but other than that the room was perfect. I think we really lucked out.

The restaurant, Gustav's, was fantastic. We had an excellent dinner and breakfast. They were very accommodating with my allergies and made me feel comfortable. We would have liked to have gone swimming but it was very busy and there were a lot of kids so we decided to go to the beach instead. It would have been nice to sit by the pool on such a hot day though.

We had a great time here and we'll definitely be back, for longer next time :)

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GBH N, Media Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your updated room and Gusav's restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully you will be able to enjoy all of the Hotel amenities.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Staff are pleasant but unfortunately we had a terrible experience here. We were not told about the large group staying, bar was very busy & noisy that we had to eat our supper on our knees in foyer with our 4year old & 5 month old baby. That was poor but then when we headed to bed things got much worse! The surrounding hotel rooms were full of kids on a hockey tournament, I started to get kids ready for bed & went out on patio & spoke to adults travelling with group who assured me kids would be tucked up by 10pm as they had a game next morning. Kids were running around corridors, knocking doors, including ours, screaming & shouting! My husband spoken to kids, at 11pm I spoke to housekeeping staff who knocked few rooms to ask them to keep noise down but kids were so cheeky telling poor women ‘to shut up, you old granny’! Adults were no where to be seen! I was at my wits end with kids & wish now we’d packed up & left! In morning there was loads of early morning shouting, from 7am, trying to get kids up & out, so felt like I’d had worst nights sleep ever. Breakfast was also disappointing, only 2 vouchers provided, even though kids were included in price of room, charged gratitudes? Which we had to pay?
On check out I complained, explaining my issues to be told that parents sign agreement when large groups of kids stay & that manager would be informed. What good is agreement if kids are allowed to run riot? Like I said to girl on check out, if I’d known of group staying then I’d have made alternative booking elsewhere. No exaggeration I was so tired I went to car & cried! Horrible experience, definitely not how I imagined my stay in beautiful part of the world.

Stayed: June 2018
GBH N, Media Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

We are very sorry to hear that your stay was impacted by the hockey group. We do have an agreement in place for teams to sign that clearly states that they will adhere to our quiet enjoyment policy. Unfortunately, this group was very ill behaved and the parents were negligent in their supervision of the children despite our requests for them to control and stop the behavior. We have decided to not allow this particular team to return as our first concern is that every guest is able to have a comfortable and enjoyable visit. We hope you and your family were able to enjoy the area despite this experience.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Perfect spot for a quiet retreat, and our quick getaway from the busy city. We got some work done and relaxed from Sunday night to Tuesday afternoon. Great prices and service at the spa, we got lucky and all fit in massages too.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your work getaway and your massages at The Spa. We hope you will visit again soon and will be able to stay longer to take advantage of all the Hotel amenities and location.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Furniture worn out and dirty. Pillows smell-I brought my own so did not need to use, Mildew in shower and corners of bathrooms and kitchen.. Would not return or recommend. Anyone with lung issues should stay away.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with RCI
GBH N, Media Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

We are sorry to hear that your stay in an outdoor townhouse unit did not meet your expectations. We strive to ensure every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

It was large enough, loved the high ceilings. Not happy with the stained dining rom chairs{ I might sound picky} the pieces of beds should never be left in the units taking up closet or drawer space. Or garbage from last guest, even though it was in bin outside, two of the shower doors wouldn't close right ,end up with water on floor. over all it was a nice unit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

We are sorry to hear that these issues impacted your stay. We are happy to hear that overall you were happy with your unit.