“Second time around”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bancroft
Mississauga, Canada
“Second time around”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My first visit to Grail Springs was a two-night stay during the summer approximately one year ago. This time around, I stayed for five nights after Christmas. I found the level of service this time around to be elevated from its previous above standard level. My goal of achieving a healthful balance was accomplished. This is one of the only places I have found
(in ontario) that embraces healthful eating, plenty of programmed activities, spa treatments, spiritual enlightenment, and a chance to connect with others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I just came back from five spectacular days at Grail Springs Spa in Bancroft. It seems they thought of everything including a magical land of white snow that sparkled in the moonlight. But more than that, I spent five days immersed in a warm and inviting home - this is nothing that I have ever experienced at a "spa" and I left with the magic and memories that will last me til my next visit. I want to thank all the staff, from the chef to the clinicians to the front desk staff - you really know how to make everyone feel welcome. I especially want to thank the Horse Whisperer - the journey through the woods on your beautiful animals was like a dream and one that I will never forget!! To all of you who have been thinking about that very special place to go, I recommend you take a look at Grail Springs and all the things it has to offer, whatever your needs or situation. Thanks Grail Spa!!! Elizabeth from Toronto

Room Tip: If you want a fireplace you have to upgrade from the Regular room. Some rooms have a balcony which w...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth G
New Brunswick
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I spent the weekend at Grail Springs & it was AMAZING. I had wanted to get away to a Canadian “Spa/Retreat” & found Grail Springs online. I was looking for someplace I could work on some health issues & detox the toxins & chemicals from my life. Even in just a weekend my goal was accomplished along with so much more. I went by myself & it was perfect, I was able to get in touch with my spirituality & heal on a personal level. I took a detoxifying Himalayan bath salts soak (bath salts provided in room), took part in yoga classes, 2 sessions in the infrared sauna, outdoor hot tub & grotto, meditation in the labyrinth, had an amazing treatment (raindrop aromatherapy, highly recommend!), walked to the quartz quarry, ate amazing food, drank lots of hot water with lemon & herbal teas & met some fantastic people.
On the last day we took part in a fire ceremony where we put our intentions into action & a rock ceremony where we left the negativity, it was very moving & spiritual, I will cherish it always.
I took part in “vision your life” seminar with Judith Onley & left with excellent tools on how to live your life with joy and remove negative thoughts & energy from your life. I wrote in my journal throughout the weekend & have some amazing take a ways that have been helping me already in dealing with my health issues & in ridding the negative energy from my life. I have been feeling more positive & fulfilled. I also took part in a 2012 planning session to help with "where you are going" with Madeleine, where she shared some of her 2011 goals & helped us find what was important to us & bring it to the forefront of balance in our lives.
In addition to all the above benefits, the Grail is set on the most amazing picturesque settings I have ever seen & the room, lobby, spa, yoga rooms, dining room, great room are all spectacular, I give my visit 5 starts on ALL levels! The only thing I have to complain about is that I didn’t stay longer. I can’t wait to go back. Madeleine (the founder), Judith (healer/energy) & John (resident artists) were all fabulous & will be lifelong friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank live2travel97
Holland Landing, Ontario
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed at this spa for a short weekend but got much more than rest and relaxation. I have been off work for two years for depression and the two days I spent at Grail Springs was able to show me the path to getting well. I have a lot more work to do but I now know that I am important enough to be worth the effort. It's not just the spa itself that helped me but the people there as well. The individuals you meet there are very special. I have been home for 3 days and already miss the place terribly....can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bev M
canada
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed at Grail Springs for 5 nights 6 days Mid November.

I stayed in one of the spa suites. It was a beautiful room over looking the lake; I had my own private bathroom with a nice soaking tub and a rain shower. There were Mud Moor Spa products along with Himalayan bath salts to use, what a treat. My room also had a nice fireplace with cozy chair/blankets to curl up in anytime in the day when I felt like it.

This place was everything I was looking for. I needed a week to myself to relax, and let go of a few problems I had been holding onto for a long time. I loved the meditations, yoga and mantra every morning. The spa treatments were a great add on the detoxify/de-stress week. There were inspirational talks in the late afternoons and evenings that I found really helpful. I loved the infrared sauna, I used it every day. It’s a must to try out, feels really good and has many benefits for your body.

This spa is not a 5 star fancy hotel spa, if you are looking for that kind of treatment you should search elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong the spa is still beautiful and nicely kept, kind of like going away to a big cottage on a lake. There is a real cozy home feeling, I loved it.

I would recommend this kind of retreat if you are looking for some inner healing. This spa has amazing food, small portions but every bit is delicious. There are detoxifying drinks that you can drink three times a day to help with your detoxifying week/weekend etc. You can also do juice fasting if you choose, I did it for one day and found it really good but I was too hungry:)

I definitely will be going back to this place. I met some wonderful people and learnt how to do self healing :) I would love to make this a yearly retreat.

~Thanks Grail Springs staff~

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Marangocamaron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bancroft
3.7 km away
29.5 km away
Nomi Resort
Nomi Resort
#1 of 1 in Harcourt

Been to Grail Springs Retreat? Share your experiences!