Get rewarded with One Key
Moncton, Canada
Great Hotel
Review of Aurora Inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Nov 2018via mobile
I stayed at this hotel last night while away on a business trip. For those reading the older posts, this is no longer a Best Western as of a year ago or so.

Check in was really easy and quick. Staff was really friendly and helpful.

Rooms are tiny, but yet, still very cozy and definately worth staying in. My bed was really comfortable and had a great sleep.

Breakfast was great. Had a good selection like waffle maker, cereal, toasts, juices, coffee, milk, muffins, mini croissants.

The only reason why I am rating it as a 4, the floor is really old and squeeky, and the door seals are not that great. Last night there was strong winds and the wind kept whistling in my door. I looked and you can actually see that the wheater seal is not doing its job right. Would probably be due for a new one.
Date of stay: November 2018
    66.0 km from Aurora Inn
    53.7 km from Aurora Inn
    53.1 km from Aurora Inn
    View more hotels in Kingston
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 21 September 2018

We had a mini-reunion here Sept 19-20, 2018. There were 7 of us staying in 3 rooms, and I can't say enough about the Aurora Inn! We were checked in on Sept 19 by a lovely lady at the front desk. She made sure we had whatever we needed, and told us about the complementary breakfast and the use of the dining room for a meeting room. Our rooms were comfortable, and well-equipped. We all had a good sleep! This morning we went for breakfast and found waffles, eggs, baked goods, wonderful coffee, and everything we could need. Overall a great experience, and we promised we'd be back for another reunion another time!

Room tip: They're all in a row, and we couldn't hear any noise from the rooms on either side of us.
    Date of stay: September 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 16 August 2018

My only complaint here is that the windows are painted shut. I cannot breath air conditioning air. Had to prop the door open for a few hours to cool room down. Rooms are very clean and not bad size either.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived near this hotel for 12 years, and it has under went through a lot of changes. I’m very surprised on the rooms, up to date colours, beds are amazing and customer service was great. I’d definitely recommend this motel to anyone traveling in the Annapolis Valley.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank Jackie_Wolfe1973
    Reviewed 12 August 2018

Stayed here twice now in the last two years. Giving it a four for the simple reason it is an older motel .The rooms are very clean and everything you need for a night or a couple of days for sure. They have a lovely breakfast room with breakfast included in your stay.A good variety to choose from no need to go hungry:)Would definitly stay here again!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
    Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stayed with our two sons aged 4 & 1 for one night while we visited Upper Clements Park and Oaklawn Farm. We were in room 2. The room is very clean and well kept. Definitely one of the most updated motels we've stayed at. The breakfast was great. Staff very helpful. One staff member at the breakfast even tied my sons shoe while I was getting the baby in his high chair. The best part of this motel came after we had already left. Once we arrived home that evening (2.5 hours away), my 4 year old realized he didn't have his two favorite (antique) toy trucks that he had taken with him. He quickly remembered he hid them under the bed right before we left so his brother couldn't get them. I called the hotel right away and the gentleman I spoke with told me he would check the next day when the cleaning staff came back. My son was so upset that he lost them, he literally sobbed himself to sleep that night. A friend of mine who lives nearby the motel went over the next morning and explained the situation to one of the owners and how upset my son was. She said she would look herself and call her if she found anything. Well they did find them and they called my friend who immediately went over and got the trucks. I have one happy and relieved little boy. This says a lot for this business, because we had already had our stay and paid our money. They very well could have just tossed them, but they went the extra step to help out a worried little boy. Thank you so much! We will definitely be back for another stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
    Tom M, General Manager at Aurora Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm happy we found your son's toys, and were able to get them back to you in short order. Take care, have a great summer and safe travels.