See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

First time at this Hotel. I now require accessibility rooms due to sIBM. Room met my expectations. Renos are ongoing at this time. Should be a nice place once completed. The passing trains were not that bad overnight! Restraunt next door was very good as well. Will stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2015

We went to the sandman and they were full, but referred us to come here. Older lodge going through renovations. Rooms were spacious and clean, staff was very helpful. Great restaurant next door with local food made by scratch. Simple, but clean and we will be back

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

Although it's not a new hotel, our room was very clean and the staff did everything they could accommodate us. I inquired if they had an ironing board, and 20 min later young lady showed up with one that still had with a sticker from the store ! The restaurant next door had some of the best food I have tried in the north. The food is made by scratched and sourced locally. I will be back!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2015

I recently spent two weeks at Mumford's on my annual fishing trip to the Skeena. Friends and I stayed in their kitchenette rooms. The motel is on the south side of Terrace, near the Kalum River boat launch. There was lots of room to park our truck and boat. Our rooms were basic but nice, and were cleaned by the housekeeping staff and given new towels every day. The beds are amazingly comfortable, and I slept well every night. There is a railroad line across the road, and despite lights and gates at the nearby crossing, some inconsiderate engineers would blow the whistle at night, though it was not necessary. I spoke with the owner, and he said that the railroad was in the process of educating the operators about this. Some evenings we fixed our own meals, sometimes we ordered in pizza or Chinese food, and some nights we walked across the parking lot and enjoyed the excellent food at Mumford's Pub. All in all Mumfords provides good rooms at a fair price. I plan to stay there again on my trip next year.

Room tip: For a single traveler or couple, room 108 has a nice sofa, seems more roomy than the rooms with two double beds and no sofa.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank FlyfisherSpokane
Reviewed 31 July 2015

This hotel will never be recommended by me. I know they are undergoing renovations, but don't try to make the outside appealing before you fix the inside! Our room looked clean at first glance but it wasn't. The shower was patched and the tub dirty and the toilet must have been a doll sized toilet as it was the smallest I have ever seen. This was supposed to be a housekeeping unit but it came without a toaster, a coffee maker with no instructions or pot (I'm still not sure what we were supposed to do with it) and to top it all off the dishes in the cupboard were filthy!! As I said, don't make the outside pretty to attract people before you work on the inside. The one and only positive was the desk receptionist was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2015