“Surprise, surprise”

Essence of India
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Squamish
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recently renovated and triple the size, The Essence of India has become the place to be in Squamish. Same fresh authentic food and great service, you will never be disapointed. The menu offers a great variety of vegetarian and vegan options. Make sure to give it a try, you won't be dissapointed!
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Surprised to find this small Indian restaurant in Squamish. Decided to try it out of curiosity. Cosy as the town. Had the typical Indian snack - Samosa with coffee. The service was sluggish but the food was delicious. I don't know how lunch or dinner would pan out. Certainly recommended for snacks.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I've travelled a lot through India and Nepal and this was up there with the best food I've had outside of the sub-continent. Most Indian food restaurants that I've eaten at around the world have a 'Western' take on their dishes and they never get the spice levels correct. When I ask for hot, I want it hot. Essence of India got it just right. I had the Chili Chicken and it was delicious. Intense initial heat that calmed to leave a great chili taste, perfect for those that love a hot spiced dish.
Tucked away in a little street behind the sprawling strip mall facade, make sure you don't miss this one when in or passing through Squamish.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Having had many Essence takeaways we decided to eat in.
Even better. Brilliant staff. Fresh exciting food I had the lamb saag but my partner chose the wild salmon masala - both were great
Go sit down chat get s pint and enjoy.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I have travelled in India and this is the best Indian food outside of India I have ever had. It is real Indian cuisine. I have eaten (take-out) dozens of times and everything is flavourful, spicy and delicious. The spices are balanced and not overwhelming. A spice level of 4 is perfect for people that enjoy spicy food.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Being new to Squamish, my partner and I discovered this place a month ago and have eaten here 3 times (takeout twice). The food is so delicious and portion sizes usually last us until the next day. Great value and favours with the samosas - we always get 2 orders. Great to eat at a place with some hearty, warm and delicious food to deviate from the usual burgers or pizza.
Last time we were seated in the restaurant, the chef came out to deliver a plate to a table and stopped to ask how we were enjoying everything! We have found our new favourite spot!
Can't wait to try everything on the menu (seriously)!!!