“stopped here for brunch ate and enjoyed the view”

Match Eatery & Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Match Eatery & Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 101 Restaurants in Squamish
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Description: Match Eatery & Public House is the first British-style gastro pub to open in Squamish featuring traditional eats while offering everything from live entertainment to shuffleboard. Just 40 minutes from the North Shore on the scenic Sea to Sky Highway. Our modern pub setting across two levels accommodates small or large groups, and our heated patio is open all year long.
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We stopped here to use the washroom but figured we would check out the brunch menu and see if we could squeak in a last order. Every brunch item was about $10 with a half dozen or so to choose from. I opted for the corned beef hash my girlfriend the fritatta. We ate on the deck by the fire and enjoyed the view of the mountains. The corned beef has had large chunks of corned beef, roasted potatoes, and eggs over easy. Very good. The fritatta also looked good though I can't comment on the taste as I didn't try any. Definitely a happy find during a day trip.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Match Eatery is in beautiful Squamish, a serene small town on the way to Whistler on British Columbia coast. First of all, this location has scenery to win any traveller’s heart; high snow covered mountains, cliffs, and the calm waters of the ocean. I was very lucky to be here on a clear day with blue skies and a gentle breeze. The Stawamus Chief commonly known as The Squamish Chief stands tall challenging the rock climbers to try their skills.

We went to Match Eatery for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised at the lovely entrance with a waterfall flowing down the rock that looked like The Chief. As there is a First Nation’s boutique in the building, several lovely pieces of art were also displayed in the foyer.

I am pleased to share my lunch experience. Vegetarian meals were already included in the menu which meant that there was no need to ask for something special. Each one of us ordered something different. All the dishes were presented attractively and served with enthusiasm. With the exception of one dish all were flavourful.

1  Thank Jyan n
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Service was lovely, talkative staff. Really good cocktails. Definitely recommend the black tea pomegranate martini and the chicken & waffles.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Had a pint and the gal behind the bar told me to flip the menu over and pull the panel out. Super happy hour deals. I chose the Brie cheese and was shocked when this $5 dish was put in front of me. It was way bigger than I imagined. The wings went by me got to try them next!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick bite to eat on our way down to Vancouver from Whistler. We wanted something small and afyer debating ordered some dry ribs. They came to the table shiny with grease. Wouldn't come back.