“Vacation package to Parksville”
Review of BC Ferries

BC Ferries
Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Sidney
More attraction details
Owner description: BC Ferries provides passenger and vehicle ferry services to 45 ports of call across coastal BC, with sailings to and from Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast, the Gulf Islands, and Northern BC. BC Ferries Vacations also offers over 100 travel packages, including return ferry and accommodation. When on board BC Ferries, there are plenty of options for food and shopping, along with great wildlife and sightseeing opportunities.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First time buying a vacation package through B.C. Ferries but loved it. We booked the ferry there and back, extended our stay and went to a wonderful hotel on the beach in Parksville. Even my husband had to agree it was very reasonable! Hoping to find another similar package for the summer.

BCFCustomerCare, Manager at BC Ferries, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear alidon123,

Great to hear you had a positive experience traveling to Parksville on a BC Ferries Vacation package.
We hope to be able to help you plan another trip this summer.

Lisa C.
BC Ferries Vacations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,714)
All reviews
in 44 reviews
"smooth ride"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We found ourselves in Brentwood Bay and needing to go north. Our best choice was the Saanich Peninsula-Vancouver Island Ferry. We traveled from Brentwood Bay to Mill Bay.
It was a 25 minute trip and was quite a pretty passage. The ferry was small. We were able to get out and walk to a viewing deck(windy!) or to an indoor area.
Price was for a car plus the 2 passengers. The 1 way trip was over $30.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Just got back from Victoria. Never thought about doing a review . About time . Spirit of Vancouver, is older, but okay. Had a Chowder in the Cafeteria. $4.99 it was hot & tasty. Staff were very friendly. I think , over-all , for the money paid, and the high cost of the fully unionized labour force, they do a pretty good job. I think things could be greatly improved , but who am I do make suggestions. I do not understand why there is no bar on board. I know they do not want people to ' drink & drive ' , but every bar I know is on a highway of access by car. Oh well. I am SO glad the boats are all NON SMOKING. I did not have the Buffet, but one day I might. I paid $ 17. as a walk on. I know a lot of people complain about the price of a car and passenger's but they got to pay for the service or lose it . All in all, we are lucky to have what we have .

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The ferry ride was awesome! The kids couldn't wait to board the ship. We sat in the buffet area. We enjoyed eating the food and looking out the big windows over the water. A very relaxing way to start off our mini-holiday!

1  Thank Kickykid
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018

my sister lives in winnipeg and I live in Kamloops we booked a week long sisters vacation on Vancouver Island staying two nights in Victoria, two nights in Parksville and two nights in Tofino. BC Ferries vacations were wonderful, so helpful, efficient and our holiday was wonderful. We will certainly book through BC Ferries next time, so nice to have everything taken care of for us including the ferry to and from.

1  Thank Susan U
BCFCustomerCare, Travel Consultant at BC Ferries, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with BC Ferries Vacations. Our team focuses on providing exceptional customer service to our guests. Again, thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to help with any of your future travel plans.

Rozhin