“A new experience”
Review of K3 Catskiing

K3 Catskiing
Reviewed 8 June 2015

a new experience.
a Norwegian who is used to being alone in the mountains and run their own trails , it was unusual to ski with mountain guide . nice people and good mood. fun with catski , but not very challenging . was mild this week and bright sun, so we got unfortunately not powder , but plenty of untouched mountain anyway. would love to do it again, but I will investigate about the level of skiing.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

This is going to be a tough review to write and be fair to these guys. Bear in mind the skiing conditions in BC at this time as about as poor as you can imagine. No snow, warm, rain etc. We had booked way in advance to travel from UK in early March expecting guaranteed cold and hopefully some fresh snow. How wrong we were.

So the K3 guys put a brave face on it. They told us to expect little (we did) and it could only get better. It was awful. Very little vertical drop possible and the snow varying from soft (about 200 ft) into breakable crust/avalanche debris like boulders into heavy porridge. Leg breaking stuff. I cannot remember when I have enjoyed skiing less.

On balance I think they should have cancelled the days. They cancelled only one of our 3 although no refund has been offered. I guess they have a business to run and the overheads are committed...... However the conclusion is I would not travel from Europe to cat ski again. I would travel to BC expecting to trail ski as the default and then splash out on hell skiing if the conditions were good since it offers more vertical drop, the ability to get much higher and more available mountain to ski on.

I would rate the experience as 'terrible', the staff as 'good' and the whole idea of cat skiing in BC as average (accepting if you hit a fresh powder day it could be 'excellent').

4  Thank Zouppy
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We were the lucky ones... it actually snowed a foot or so the night before our cat day.
We got picked up at the hotel in Revelstoke and drove out to the mountain. Had really good guides who are well trained and safe. The terrain was excellent. really nice tree skiing with some larger bowls/chutes. I haven't been cat skiing before and didn't think about getting motion sick but 2 guys in our cat were feeling ill. the combination of the rough road in the truck up to the top then bumping around in the cat can be a little much for some people - bring your gravol.
Overall we had a blast and I loved every run. I went heli-skiing last year and this was nearly as fun and half the price. I'm sure I will be back!
If anyone has any questions about my experience, message me.

3  Thank Waboolio
Reviewed 19 March 2015

After weeks of monitoring ski conditions (and continually being told all was well), my husband drove 16 hours to ski with K3. Today he emailed, "Skiing is a bust...I can't imagine conditions being any worse!! And these jerks let us drive all the way." K3 never should have encouraged him to come at all, considering the dangerous, chunky, icy, unskiable conditions that had been obvious for days. And the guides didn't even suggest they just use their regular skis! They were on fat skis! K3 did give him a rain check for two of his three days, but he should have gotten 3 days.

5  Thank gr8blackdog
Reviewed 17 March 2015

For a terrible snow year these guys somehow still can deliver the goods. We rode the resort the day before and there was no fresh snow to be found. We had fresh powder all day! The staff were accommodating and friendly and the terrain was incredible! From gentle rolling terrain, steep trees, and challenging alpine pitches. Will be back forsure!

1  Thank Mathew E