“beautiful views, nice powder, not very challenging skiing for people who have done many seasons.”
Review of K3 Catskiing

K3 Catskiing
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Don't expect hardcore freeride. Nice guides on the whole, Luke was interesting, ex WC downhill MTBiker. The mixed groups were a major disappointment. very slow. not very steep. Few jumps available as we were told not to deviate far from the guides path...some of our group found it really taxing, and were exhausted. I never went fast enough consistently or high enough to really get buzzed. just kept touching that rush but never really got into it. A little bit lame i'm afraid. I would have a better buzz at home in Engelberg on an average powder day on my season ticket. But the novelty of the CAT and beauty of the mountains made it just ok.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"mountains"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I signed up at the last minute, not knowing quite what to expect from my first day cat skiing. From start to finish it was fantastic, including the convenience of the door-to-door transfer service K3 offers for people staying in Revelstoke. The cats, avalanche equipment, drivers and guides were excellent, and we enjoyed fresh lines all day. One of the best parts of the day was getting to know the other members of our group, which included people from around the world who shared a passion for the mountains and deep powder. In over twenty years of skiing and snowboarding, it was one of the best days I've ever had on snow.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Last March I enjoyed two days with K3 and it was a great experience, although some things didn't work out as expected.
On the first day the temperature was bit too high and snow a bit too heavy but it happens, especially during el nino years. It was colder the next night and day and the now was way better, much lighter than the previous day.
On the first day the group was quite mixed, one third good skiers, one third average, and one third first time off-piste and in deep snow => 6 runs and lots of waiting. I was rather annoyed the first 15 minutes, until I remebered that one I was skiing deep powder back in 1986, my friends waited for me as well quite a lot. The second day was better, no beginners and 9 runs.
K3 operates a great terrain, steep enough, great guides, and everything worked well. If they would be nice if they would allocate skiers to groups based on abilities, but that would be just another headache for a day-catski operator, every day.
Thus it's always a bit of a gamble re weather and the cat group, but worked out quite ok for the first day and fantastic for the second day.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

We've just finished a day out with k3 and had an awesome experience. The weather was in our favour in that it had just snowed overnight but the experience was top notch due to the professional service on offer. Matt and Todd who hosted us couldn't have been friendlier and more knowledgeable about the terrain and we got to ski some really great steep lines through alpine and mostly trees. The food and refreshments were constant and they delivered everything we hoped for. I would highly recommend a day out with these guys for any advanced skiers looking for something a bit different.

2  Thank Ben S
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2016

1st time cat skiing on Feb 25, 2016. The terrain and un-tracked snow was excellent and have no complaints. The head guide knew the terrain without a doubt.

The customer service though is certainly lacking. Upon being picked up at the hotel, the 2 staff members did not introduce themselves and during the 45 minute ride to the snow cats, they only made conversation between themselves. At least, I would have thought they could have provided some information on where we were going, travel time and other information such as snow conditions and weather. Not a word....
Upon arrival to the snow cats, I was directed to one of the machines, but again, no information was given other than I had to do a avalanche training session prior to departure.
I had to ask the names of the 3 staff members guiding....would have thought they could have introduced themselves.
At the end of the day, on the drive back to Revelstoke, the staff only conversed between themselves and not the passengers. No thank you for coming out or picking K3.
The company has no control over weather or snow conditions. They can though, reinforce customer service with their staff. It goes a long way for getting return customers.

2  Thank skierandboarder