“Out for a casual dinner”
Review of Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet
Ranked #71 of 153 Restaurants in Port Coquitlam
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Have always enjoyed the Chalet's food. Good portions with service that is hard to beat. Wait staff is always friendly and outgoing.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Special 2 for $14.99 chicken meal- take out. Excellent chicken nice, moist & crispy on outside. Fries average. This restaurant has a service problem I believe not enough staff. Attempting to operate two restaurants from one kitchen is not working well.
If u have time to wait, then attend. In a hurry give this restaurant a pass.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Food is good. I find the potions good for the price. How dry/moist the chicken is is always a bit hit or miss it it is never bad.

Once seated service is excellent and quick.

The last few times I have been, today for lunch and previously for dinner, the meet and seat takes a long time. There seems to be no trigger that someone has come in. I almost left today as the wait was getting too long and with two other eateries in the same building I don't need to wait.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Other than a very big serving of chicken soup the rest of the meals we got were just ok.

there was a special chicken, marinara, with cheese sandwich that both my husband and got. The sauce was cold, no flavour and the fries that were served with the sandwich were so over cooked you couldn't eat them. they did take that charge off the bill - THANKS! If our server would have come back to see hour our meals were at an appropriate time I would have asked for new ones but by the time we'd almost finished I really didn't want new ones.

A big new restaurant - not many customers

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

"Always" is a stretch for sure....it was our first time here and we were disappointed for sure. Came for the free leg promotion to come with the rib dinner.

Not sure if it was off night or????

Flavour:
- ummm how would I know? On the full rack rib order...only one was basted with BBQ sauce and it was partially burnt.
- the chicken pieces had shrinkage factor.
- the wings were not plump and juicy and were on the small size side
-burnt fries...

Portion:
- when I'm paying $15 for half a chicken...I would expect it to be at least half the size of a Costco chicken...these ones look like they were midget chicken!
- ribs while full rack was super super dry!

Value:
- at almost $75 for 3 items...it ain't cheap...for the disappointing food you are given.

...and by the way... I was given the wrong beer!

The place wasn't busy at all...

I had good memories of my first time in SC at the Langley location.

This was was an absolute disappointment and horrible...how horrible? Not hot water in the washroom!

Had to take a pic of the food as I knew I was gonna be disappointed as soon as I saw it!