“dinner”

Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bare Bones: an upscale fish and chip restaurant featuring west coast halibut, salmon, cod and prawns. Sides include hand-cut fries, caesar salad and coleslaw. Try your fish grilled or choose our famous beer batter or panco bread crumb coating. Always fresh and delicious! Look for our patio on Johnston.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I visit this little ex Church resurant a couple of times a year. I love the fact I can order 1/2 salad and 1/2 chips and
they will grill my fish. My favourite is the halibut. Never a long wait and has take out,.

1  Thank MalcomM703

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went into barebones for dinner and saw what looked like a large lineup. As we were walking out, the owner came after us saying they have a seat! She could have easily let us walk as there was another couple who just walked in. We were extremely happy with the service and the food was delicious !

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Very quaint old renivated church, run buy a staff of 4. House specials are various flavoured fish, chips and coslaw. Small variaty of beers. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stopped for lunch on the way to Tofino, with a friend who lives in Port Alberni and recommended Bare Bones. She ordered the salmon in panko batter, my wife ordered regular halibut and chips... I ordered both. I could not decide which was tastier.

Quite probably the best fish and chips I have ever had - fresh and light and delicious.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The fish and chips are amazing..been there many times..the coleslaw needs tweaking..not very flavorful...but everything else including polite service is Good!