All reviews free round mini golf next door bumper boats free game sleeper room paradise fun park late arrival bbq area stayed here for one night grassy area would definitely stay here again nice clean rooms free breakfast two story bed was comfortable mini fridge island highway
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the Paradise Seashell Motel for a week in October then again for a week in November. Both times I was very happy with the service and accommodations, very friendly service, clean well kept rooms and an excellent location in Parksville! The price was also excellent for what you get, probably the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in too! No question I would gladly stay there again and I highly recommend anyone to stay!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Francis L
kia01, Manager at Paradise Seashell Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Nice and very reasonably priced. Close access to the ocean. Large clean rooms and bathrooms. Friendly staff and an ok breakfast which could have used more variety. Nice to have laminate flooring instead of carpets especially when you are close to the ocean and sand. Mini golf looked good but we didn't have a time to try it

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tara H

Thank you for the pleasant review. We have taken your suggestion about the breakfast and have included a few more things. Hopefully we see you again to hear your thoughts on the improvements.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

The room I received with the free wifi, comfortable bed and shower room/stall was cosy, comfortable, and quiet. The wifi signal was not too bad. I had stayed at this motel twice. Each time was uneventful. I have read some of the other reviews that were rated either average or less than average. The rooms I was put in were always clean. I never participated in any continental breakfast that this motel provides for it's clients. Parking is good too. The motel is also close to the beach.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank timbucktoe

Thank you for a wonderful review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

Pros:

Basic hotel room, nice to have kitchenette with mini fridge, microwave & sink. more room than some around beds.

Good value.

Mini-golf (one round free with room booking) and bumper boats were fun. Short walk to beach, nice walk, good area for skim boarding.

Nice to have continental breakfast included in price.

Cons:

No air conditioning so room got warm, the provided fans helped.

Decor a bit dated.

Would have liked hard boiled eggs, yogourt as breakfast options.

Didn't like hearing Manager berating staff in reception area next to breakfast room in the mornings. Would recommend some staff motivation and anger management courses for the manager.

Would probably go back again.

Room tip: Next year upper floors are supposed to be upgraded and have air conditioning installed. Will cost more and you will have stairs.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ljd17
Reviewed 3 September 2015

The hotel was a convenient stop over for us on the way to Campbell river. The additional bonus of the motel was free crazy mini golf next door!
The room was a little snug and small but the bed was comfy and we slept peacefully without much noise disturbance at all. Shower was good and powerful although a little small but it did its job! The only thing I would say about the room was its very hot and stuffy in there. They had a ceiling fan and another fan plugged into the wall and sat on the floor. We used both all night and still were a little hot. We ended up sleeping with the sheet only. It was also raining and quite cool outside so I reckon in the peak of summer it would be quite hot to sleep in. But overall was a quick stopover and it served its point to us.

Room tip: Get a room facing the back, it's super quiet
Date of stay: August 2015