“Good old fashion home cooking”
Review of Farmhouse Cafe

Farmhouse Cafe
Ranked #63 of 104 Restaurants in Parksville
Reviewed 23 August 2016

A wonderful way to start your day. The breakfast was delicious. The give great service. Welcome families. Great with young families on a budget

1  Thank Samantha962

Reviewed 6 August 2016

My wife and I were looking for a place to go and have lunch the other day. We've grown tired of the franchise places that have little or nothing new to offer you for lunch. We'd known of this place but for some reason never got to it. Last Monday that changed.
We were warmly greeted, sat immediately, handed menus and asked it we wanted coffee or something else to drink. We got our drinks quickly and took our time to look over the menu. The menu isn't overwhelming, but does offer a good variety of what my wife and I call comfort food.
Our lunch arrived hot and fresh, something that the chain places seem to have forgotten about.
As others have said, it is a Family friendly place, easy on the pocketbook, and they provided a good home cooked meal.
We'll be going back for sure.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

The name Farmhouse Cafe would lead you to believe it is going to be a great dining experience.
It isn't a terrible place to eat, but there are much better places to have breakfast in the area.
It does have the usual breakfast menu items, but if you have a glutin allergy (like us) or want something a bit easier on the waste line, then this may not be the place for you.
On the plus side, if you just want the typical breakfast at a decent price, then this place may be up your alley.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Good food in a pleasant environment. Family friendly and easy on the pocketbook. The staff and owners are there to provide good home cooked food.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

My goodness, in this day and age it is surprising not to see at least a couple of healthy alternatives to bacon, eggs, sausages, fried potatoes and toast. Gluten-free options and de-caffeinated coffee or tea were also conspicuously absent from the menu.

That said, the Farmhouse Café is what it is…a small-town diner with standard fare and a somewhat tacky assortment of 1950s era farm-themed collectibles (plastic pigs, cows, and various other items). The dishwasher also needs to be replaced as my cutlery was gritty looking and had to be exchanged for a slightly cleaner setting. At the time, this local eatery seemed preferable to Starbuck’s, but I must confess that I regretted my decision.