“Intrigued by local organic?”
Review of Realm Food Co

Realm Food Co
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Wandering through Parkville, we came across Realm. Local organic mixed with funk. Large portions. Unique combinations . Not cheap eats but healthy meets delicious. Lovely tea selection. Rotating tap microbrewery selection. Full of locals.

1  Thank Jane P

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Wow - really good food. The best sandwich I think I've ever had. However, the counter service/pay/wait for a table thing just doesn't work well. There is nowhere to 'wait for a table' so you're just hovering beside people's tables who are trying to eat or in the way of the kitchen staff trying to deliver food. If you try to stand by the door you're in the way of new people coming in who need to get up to the counter and order and pay then...wait for a table. For me I think they should just have table service and you either wait for a table outside on the sidewalk or inside the door. Anyway, good food. Open Mon-Sat 11am-8pm and Sunday 9:30am-1:30pm for brunch & 4-8pm for dinner.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I really wanted to like this restaurant, but unfortunately my meal was so disappointing that I haven’t been back. I ordered the lunch special of Mac and Cheese. For $18 I was expecting a large yummy pasta dish, but it was dried out and not very flavourful. It came so quickly that I can only surmise that it was reheated in a microwave. I didn’t finish it.

The staff were friendly and I liked the bright atmosphere with booths along the windows. However, I felt that the restaurant didn’t know whether it was “funky diner” or “west coast bistro”. The prices and presentation (artful squiggles on the plate, etc) suggest the latter, but the torn upholstery on our booth and decor suggest the former. Either would be fine, but if you want to charge “west coast bistro” prices you need to make the decor at that level.

1  Thank kreeble
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I was excited to try this place. It looked like it had many vegetarian options which sounded delicious. Unfortunately, my experience was one of disappointment.

Firstly the place is tiny, which meant quite a bit of a wait before I got a table. And it took me awhile to figure out the system of ordering FIRST, getting a number, and waiting for your number to be called to get you to a table. (then they will start your food because they won't start it until you have a table even if you've ordered)

The ordering process was a bit chaotic and the girl taking my order was a bit rude and didn't even look up at me once while she took my order. I then had to pay up front, which was a bit strange to me. She asked if I was going to have a drink and I said I'd like water, to which she used her head to point to a little table at the side where I guess I was to get water for myself.

When my number was called, I was sat at a dirty table, and someone came by a short time later to wipe it down while I was sitting there. I got up and got water for myself and waited.

I ordered the vegan radius wrap, which looked pretty, but unfortunately lacked in flavour. I feel like maybe if they marinated some of the vegetables (maybe pickled beets instead of just RAW PLAIN shredded beet?) it may have been better. The wrap was not terrible, but it wasn't deliciously amazing.

The food wasn't that great and the service definitely needs work. i don't know if I would even want to bother coming back to try something else.

2  Thank SkyDive182
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Had their Bone Broth and jerk chicken wrap and hubby had the pulled pork sandwich - delicious! The bone broth was sooo good, better then coffee and I’m a coffee addict! The atmosphere was bright and lively - will definitely be back again. Sorry I forgot to take a picture I was too pre-occupied with eating it .