“Authentic Japanese Food and Sushi!”
Review of Sushi Sakura Japan

Sushi Sakura Japan
Ranked #43 of 110 Restaurants in Parksville
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Reviewed 5 September 2017

118 friends
5.0 star rating 9/4/2017
I live in Hawaii, and i was so pleasantly surprised as we drive through Parksville and found this hidden gem, Sushi Sakura Japan. The sushi and food was just delicious. We just returned from our last trip to Tokyo. If you are looking for real Japanese, this restaurant is the real deal. The wait was a while wait but was well worth it. Every detail and taste was to perfection. This is not the touristy Japanese restaurant. The sushi was excellent. I ordered the bento and chose the potato crocquette, Beef Yakiniku, and Assorted Tempura. My husband order the tonkatsu don rice bowl with Spider Roll (soft shell crab) sushi roll. I ordered the Hamachi and Saba sushi...DELICIOUS and FRESH! Green tea was generous serving of heaven! I never would imagine finding this place in small town Parksville. If you are lover of real Japanese food, this is the place. Be prepared to wait for your food, but i guarantee it is worth the wait. Even the green tea was high quality green served in individual tea pots. Portions are generous.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

A Failing Grade for Sakura. When you have 6-7 Sushi places in Parksville, you had better step up to the 'Plate' and deliver 'cause it's a dog fight for the scraps out there. There are better places to satisfy your Nipponese Nibblees. Search for the alternatives a few blocks in either direction.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Enjoyed dinner. The Dynamite Roll and the Fire Roll were very good. Other food was average. Good value.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure where the multitude of poor reviews about this little restaurant came from, or perhaps I just came on an excellent day for them - but our meals were fantastic. I ordered the teriyaki salmon rice bowl, and my husband ordered the Bento box with a California roll and teriyaki chicken. You can see into the kitchen from the restaurant and watch the chef prepare your meal, his sushi chef certification from Japan is on the wall in front of the kitchen. They used fresh raw salmon to fry up and use in my teriyaki bowl, and fresh chicken to deep fry for my husbands bento box. The service was quick and friendly, the waitress was very happy and polite to us. The owners/chefs are a very kind Japanese couple, it's a family owned business that my husband and I were very impressed by. Perhaps they've had a hard start up as a family owned business prompting the poor reviews, but our experience was excellent and I will be back if I'm ever in the area again!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Drove up from Nanaimo for dinner to find it closed. Had same experience back in December so called to confirm they would for sure be open. Was assured that they had staffing issues then, for sure would be open Tuesday. Nope. Can't believe it is still open if this is the way they run a business. Went down the street to Samurai Sushi... .see my review :)