See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

This motel, conveniently located adjacent to Highway 1, is clean and cozy place on a cold winters night. The decor is “knotty pine” furniture and doors with a ceramic tile floor. The bed is a little high off the ground but the mattress is very comfortable. The room has the basic amenities (TV, microwave and coffee/tea).

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
goldenvillage, Owner at Golden Village Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We have since completed the remodel of the bathroom. We now have granite tile floor and countertops in all bathrooms. We try and give our guest the best value for their dollar. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This hotel has been renovated. Beds are comfortable but unusually high off the floor. Close to the highway but not too noisy. Not very convenient to get to the variety of restaurants in the town. Junctions to cross the highway are a bit confusing at night if you are not familiar with them.

Room Tip: Nothing spe
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Pavi K, Owner at Golden Village Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear sir, thank you for your kind words about the renovation. Our beds are newly ordered and have a very high coil count to offer maximum comfort. I am sorry that you feel we are not convenient to the restaurants in town. For this reason we built a new restaurant on our property. It is newly opened Indian restaurant with amazing food.

I do agree with you about the highway junction crossings being confusing. I suggest you send this part of your review to the Ministry of Transportation and Highways for the province of British Columbia. I was very vocal during the consultation process in regards to the overpass and access. I felt the location was going to be very confusing and not easily accessible. To be fair every local in Golden would also agree with you when it comes to this topic.

Thanks for your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Pavi

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The floor is dusty and and sandy . Front desk service is the worst. They don't even fix or supply hair blow dryer. Don't even apologize nor teying to help and replace it. Just say next time :( ... It smells from the front desk..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Pavi K, Owner at Golden Village Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

We do not have a sandy beach on our property. All 4 of the front desk staff that I have are the kindest and sweetest people I have ever met. They always go above and beyond expectactions as many of the previous reviews have stated. All rooms have hair dryers. If you like I can send you a recent receipt of the purchase of 80 units from our supplier. The smell that bothered you at the front desk was the smell of "clean". I guess you are not used to that.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

A person has to realize that old buildings still get used BUT, be aware this motel is not in keeping with today. We arrived in Golden only to find other hotels not available so in panic and tired we thought it would suffice. The owners have tried to spruce the rooms up but only to have it resemble a do-it-yourself unprofessional project. It just has a sence of being not very clean. A positive is that they tried and the bedding appeared new and comfortable. Everything else in the room was old and very well used. We had to actually shut the fridge off do to the noise to get some sleep. With every thing else the room was priced as high as many of the large chain hotels and there was no breakfast included. Next time we will reserve ahead - our fault.

Room Tip: Stick with newer units and reserve ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. As of July 2016 we have remodelled every aspect of our rooms. This includes new LG flat screen televisions, new queen size beds, new linens, new fridges, new microwaves, new flooring, and much much more. This 2017 we will be completing the remodel with updating all the bathrooms with new countertops and new fixtures and floors. After being in the industry for over 30 years I have learned that you can never make everyone happy. We hired professional contractors to complete all the work in the rooms. I sense because you arrived in a tried, panicked state, there is not much that my property could have done to change your personal status and opinion of our rooms. I suggest in the future when you review a property enter the review with a clean mind and hold your judgment if you are having a pad day or feel panicked. At the end of the day I work hard to provide for my family and we are a small property that cares about our guests.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

For $225 it was not worth it.

Room 214

The plus:

Easy access from highway. Wifi worked well, room was clean. Had new mini fridge with separate freezer component. Water kettle, microwave, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, flat screen TV. Mattresses were comfortable.

The bad:

The three queen size beds were on custom made platforms, and although the concept was good, the mattresses kept shifting, and all of us hit the platforms at least once. Bathroom seemed unfinished, lacked hanging rack/hanger. Also, fan fixture in bathroom was uncovered, wiring exposed. The kettle was on the table, but where to plug it in, as there were no AC plugs near the table. AC was old, but worked. Cigarette tray was right outside our window. Back window faces a hill that seems like it's going to swallow the whole building, it is very close. Not enough AC plugs. Towels felt like sandpaper, and not enough, knowing there were 4 of us.

The in-between:

Not a bad stay, but for the price, it should have been much better. If staying in area again, will try another motel, there are several choices nearby.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Pavi K, Owner at Golden Village Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate all the positive and negative feedback that you provided.
As for the mattresses shifting back and forth we will look into a stabilizer around the perimeter of the area so this problem can be avoided. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. With our entire property going through a remodel, there are a few items that are still being worked on. There will be a towel rack and clothing hook installed on the back of the bathroom door. The fan issue will also be looked into.

The kettle was not plugged in, however there are several plugs throughout the room for guest use. I do understand our AC unit is a older model. At this point I don't see the need to contribute to the landfill when things work perfectly fine. The reason why the cigarette tray was outside the window is because all rooms are non smoking and we do have sections were guests can smoke outside their rooms. As for the hill behind the window, well that one is on mother nature and how she formed the land and the property we sit on. I will see if I can do something about it. In all rooms there are 4 sets of towels, if you needed any extra my staff and I would have been more than happy to provide you with extra towels. I don't know why they felt like sandpaper especially considering they are all newly ordered. For some guests with delicate skin, I understand the feel of cotton can be bothersome. We have ordered new towels that address the needs of guests with this issue. The new towels will be a combination of 3 different materials.

I do hope you reconsider and give us a second chance. Our new Indian Kitchen restaurant will be opening soon and we will be completing the full remodel of all rooms in October.

Once again thanks for your feedback positive and negative. We will work hard to fix all the issues you mentioned.