“Nice food, good and friendly service”
Review of Basilico Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Basilico Italian Kitchen
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Description: At Long John's Doughnuts, we make fresh gourmet doughnuts every morning, served along side great coffee, in a warm welcoming atmosphere. Also serving our Sully Breakfast Sandwich, Steel Cut Oatmeal, Greek Yogurt Parfaits, and fresh baked muffins, we offer a wide range of wholesome items to start your day. For lunch, stop in for one of our gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, and rustic tomato soup. Free wifi, great music, and built in charging ports are just a few more reasons to make Long John's Doughnuts a must-stop while in Golden.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The food was very nice. The wine was excellent. The jung couple that runs the restaurant really do the utmost best.
Also: yummie icecream !!

David R, Manager at Basilico Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for the review and comments! We're glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The place is set up with a cafeteria style - hard tables and chairs. Not a place to sit for long. The carbonara was excellent as was the house salad. The parmigiana and pepperoni pizza were a little heavy on the sauce. The gelato was excellent.

1  Thank Eric C

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your review and comments. We're glad you enjoyed the Carbonara and Basilico House Salad. I will pass on your comments regarding the other dishes to our Chef for review. We hope to see you again in the future.

David

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I visit Golden on & off, and was thrilled to try out a new restaurant in town. Modern & friendly interior, AMAZING food!!! I had tried the carbonara & chicken pasta, everything I had is of excellent quality & freshly made, even their free bread that I suspect is made in-house. Friendly service.
Not only is this by far the best pasta in Golden, but beats most pasta I have had from major sleek cities. I have been there 3 times in 2 weeks....need I say more?

David R, Manager at Basilico Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for your review and comments! We're so glad you enjoyed it enough to join us multiple times and hope to see you again in the future.

And yes, the Focaccia is made in house fresh daily!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The salads were extremely fresh and tasty. The pasta's were delicious. The portions were generous. And to top it off : the service was excellent !

1  Thank 741miekes

Thank you for your review and comments! Were so glad you enjoyed the flavours and portion sizes as well as the service! Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Very nice decor and the food was well prepared and good. The staff catered to our needs and were friendly. Pasta and salads were big and tasty. I had Spaghetti alla Puttanesca, rare and very nice, my wife had Chicken Parma, which was average, and a Caesar Salad which she liked. I would go again. Bread was warm and fresh. The location share space with a donut shop which we did not try but looked interesting. different flavors offered than most donut outlets.

Thank you for your review and comments Bo B. Were glad you enjoyed your meal, the atmosphere and service. We constantly work to improve our menu offerings and flavours. If you have any further information on the Chicken Parmesan and how it could improve, please contact me directly as I would love to get your input at david@ljdough.com

All the best and we hope to see you again!