“A Good Stopover Hotel”
Review of Days Inn Golden

Days Inn Golden
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to a different destination. Located just off the highway it is easy to get to.

We found the service at the desk to be good for both checkin checkout.

We stayed in the king suite which was very large (2 queens and a separate room with a king). The room was clean, beds were comfortable, and the thermostat worked well.

There is a restaurant located in the motel but we didn't eat in it.

The pool was great for the kids. It has a Waterslide and hot tub. The views from the back were great. There was a bit of road noise if window was open but none with it closed.

Overall clean and decent service.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank tuckiesaskatoon

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was extremely impressed with the manager Andy and the front receptionist Brendan. I took the bus from Kelowna and arrived in Golden, B.C. at about 6:30 pm. I called for a cab and was told it would be 5 1/2 hours until one would be available. I then called the hotel and spoke with Brendan. I told him the situation and asked if there was anything they could do. He took my number and called me back within 5 mins. The manager, Andy came and picked me up. They were very quick in resolving my issue. Andy offered to drive me back to the bus terminal, as I was taking the bus again the following day. That was a huge help, and much appreciated!!!! They went above and beyond my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed 12 August 2012

For a Day's Inn hotel you would expect the room to be worth more, but my 4 season tent is more luxurious that the room I stayed in. Hair on the toilet seat, bed was hard as a rock. I . asked to see another room and was told "sorry, can't help you." Not the way to treat a guest. Very disappointed.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank commando06
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Nice size rooms for a family but came with poor beds and even poorer sheets. Just off a noisy highway staff friendly and accommodating. Travelled our Grandaughter and she enjoyed the pool and waterside.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed there a Friday and Saturday night....(2 adults and 2 kids) .....room was ok but smelled. Pool and hot tub was fine but very noisy with the echo. It is separate from the motel and has a small slide. Had appys and pizza there at the restaurant on a Friday night out on the patio. It has a nice view and has a backyard feel to it. The place ....I believe...is under new management so they should ditch the picnic tables and get more real seating out there. The food was decent enough BUT the drinks were so expensive it was ridiculous. Come on...are you bringing the kegs up on mules? The whole place had a ex-dive feel to it so maybe they are improving the motel. I won't stay there again just because of the feel and the pricing ( the stay is not cheap either).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Golden hotels
2.4 km away
Prestige Inn Golden
#4 of 17 in Golden
6.7 km away
Glacier Mountaineer Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts

Been to Days Inn Golden? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Golden

Address: 1416 Golden View Rd, Golden, British Columbia V0A 1H1, Canada
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Golden
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Price Range: RM380 - RM759 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Inn Golden 3*
Enjoy the unforgettable, spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains from your spacious hotel room. Days Inn Golden is the ideal destination for travelers, families and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Experience the best patio in town as you sit for dinner at our on-site Restaurant, 'The Golden Grill & Pizza'. Transform your stay into an ultimate Rocky Mountain experience, we offer magnificent packages on golf, skiing, rafting, and sledding. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Days Inn Golden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.